I Love My Cockapoo Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

· Administrator
5,034 Posts
i suppose it is possible, but not ideal you would have to have a special kennel built with heating, you not allowed to have an out door kennel without it i don't think.
well i know thats what you need at boarding and breeding kennels.

Dawn your lucky our snow has started again. and it looks like it might be hear for a while.

· Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Ben too loves being outside but I have been so nervous about leaving him outside especially when its cold.
But reading the posts above I think I can let him stay outside for a few minutes and he does have very thick long hair.

· Registered
19 Posts
no cockapooes when they were born were not living out side so there not use to liveing out side i would not recommend it because he could get over headed during the summer and freeze during the winter because there not like labs they dont have adaptashions to survive in a very changing climate

· Administrator
5,034 Posts
no cockapooes when they were born were not living out side so there not use to liveing out side i would not recommend it because he could get over headed during the summer and freeze during the winter because there not like labs they dont have adaptashions to survive in a very changing climate
i dont compleatly agree with you. the poodle was origonaly bred as a french gun dog, and the cocker is a gun dog. most gundog breeds wre kept in out door kennels, so it is posible. however i would not like to have my girls live in an out door kennle prmanently. i work at a boarding kennle so i see a veriety of breeds who react differently to the tempriture.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.