I Love My Cockapoo Forums banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
8,610 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
There have been lots of discussion about how people feel when leaving their dogs to go on holiday, or indeed how they feel whilst they are away, one such thread leading to Karens enterprising new doggy venture. This unfortunately is just too far away from us :(
This is where the long shot comes in ..... just wondered if anyone would consider a doggy holiday swap, you know that your dogs would be looked after in a homely environment, with other dogs, being fed whatever you would normally feed them with like minded owners and also making a considerable saving into the bargain. A fortnights stay for us would cost around £450 . Just thought it was worth a mention and to put some feelers out :D:confused::D

·
Registered
1,203 Posts
Karen if you take the boat from Plymouth and i ............. (don't know where Halifax is, how dreadful!!!) take a boat from HUll?????? it could work. It is a fantastic idea, I see a new form of MumsNet emerging here to puppy swap. xx

·
Registered
8,610 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Do people swap babies on Mumsnet lol.... I think Amanda will be snatching me up on the offer as well ;)

·
Registered
1,203 Posts
Ahhhhhhhh just Googled it, it's a building society! The AA showed me where it is, so I was in the right ball park.

Just thought about the price you quoted for 2 weeks - here it would be £168 for 2 weeks!

·
Registered
1,203 Posts
Do people swap babies on Mumsnet lol.... I think Amanda will be snatching me up on the offer as well ;)
With Amanda a house plus dog swap could be the answer - you see I am expanding your new business already. Texas for a couple of weeks could be good in the spring, a bit hot in high summer (we did have a member there).

·
Registered
369 Posts
Yes I think its a great idea, infact I found a website a long time ago that did a similar thing - you offered your pet sitting services in your local area - will have to try and find it?!!!

But it could work on here easily - people just need to say if and when they need a dog sitter and I'm sure someone local to them would offer if they can?

I've just dog sat my friends lab, Jake for a few days. Eddie and Jake had a lovely time - infact Jake sulked and slept when he went home - they tired each other out so much! They are both only dogs so it was good for them to do some doggy bonding :)

I suppose you would have to check their pet insurance in case something happened if they are with someone else? Not sure how that works?

·
Registered
230 Posts
Hi, we've been doing this for friends and family for a lot of years, it gaves us dog contact without commitment. However the last holiday dog we had was a Cockapoo and I just missed him so much. As I now work from home this seemed the ideal time to get our first dog together. We will carry on providing the dogs get on OK.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts