I Love My Cockapoo Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
340 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I think house training is going to take a few steps back today because it is SO cold and windy here today. I feel so bad for Olive because it literally takes my breath away when we go outside so i can't imagine how it feels for her. On top of being freezing and really windy it snowed last night so we are being pelted with icy snow. Within seconds of being out there Olive is covered in icy snow and she just sits by the door, shakes are cries. She hasn't gone potty outside at all this morning. She's peed twice in the house and no poops. I kind of wish i would have gotten puppy pads now becuase at least i could have gotten her to go near the door. I feel so sad for animals that are left outside right now. Seeing how cold Olive was after only 1 minute made me think about people who leave their dogs outside all of the time :(

·
Registered
9,916 Posts
You , are getting worse weather than we are...we have the cold and a bit of snow, but nothing too severe. Go out with an umbrella to shelter her from the wind a bit...poor little thing, and poor you. We had gotten lady in November....the weather was horrid for her whole potty training...she still did it though.

·
Registered
340 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Oh wow. You would have had a rough go of it if you got her in November! It's been so mild this year that i thought we might get lucky! It looks like winter came with a vengence today though! I figured out that my front yard is a bit better because the house blocks some of the wind. Only problem is the ind must have changed directions last night because my front yard is covered with big snow drifts. There is only a small area of grass she can use and she's used to being able to walk around a finda spot. I did get her to pee and poop outside so maybe she'll figure out that as soon as she goes i'll bring her inside!

·
Registered
9,916 Posts
I am sure she will get it it....Lady was trained on all snow....so it was funny as the snow started to melt away she kept trying to search out snow to go pee in....it took her a few days to figure out she could go on the grass too

·
Registered
340 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I just checked again because 40 km/h winds seemed low. I mean i can't breath out there and it ws almost picking Olive up this morning! The wind speed is 40 km/h, bu tthe gusts are 70 km/h. No wonder she didn't want to be out there!

·
Registered
9,916 Posts
oh poor olive! we got the snow now...I guess we must be a day behind you in weather...lol.
It has been so cold out...Lady however doesn't mind...the odd complaint about her feet getting cold is all I have ever gotten.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.