I Love My Cockapoo Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone,

Ive not been on the site for about a month (holidays)

Well Smith has settled in great. He's nearly 11 weeks, does all his business outside and loves his crate! The only problem im having is his collar - he hates it. So i think another trip to pets at home is needed. Only thing bad about that, i end up buying allsorts of other things for him - he is truly spoilt.

I hope everyone is good and having fun with there cockapoos

·
Administrator
5,020 Posts
hey glad to hear he is doing well.

what is he doing thattells youhe hates his collar, what kind of collar do you have on him and how tight or loos is it. ?

·
Registered
858 Posts
It's so funny how all dogs are so different. We were fully aware of the collar problem and were prepared for Luna hating it. But from the minute we first put one on her at 11 weeks (when we first got her) she didn't even notice it and it hasn't been off since, except for her two baths. And yet Smith is hating it! On the other hand, Smith being toilet trained at 11 weeks is brilliant as Luna at 13 weeks isn't so good unless we are on the ball (which we are so the accidents are few and far between, but we probably couldn't trust her to take herself to the door or outside).

Anyway, back to the collar. We got Luna's from PaH - it's a 3 Peaks one (size: very small - she's still on the smallest setting) so you could always try one of them as it obviously doesn't bother Luna? Good luck and welcome back!

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hi,

I got it from pets at home - it is adjustable. Puppy size - eee thats about all i can say haha.

I put it on this morning - seems as he had his second injection and microchipped yesterday morning. He walks odd and is scratching at it all the time and thoroughly sulks. I took it off tonight and it was like a weight had been lifted of his shoulder - he was flying around the garden happy as larry.
Should i persist or look into another one??

·
Administrator
5,020 Posts
lol thats your problem, he isnt used to it because you keep taking it off him, just leave it on, also he had had a lot dont to his neck of corse he will be scratching.

stick with that collar, just leave it on him and he will get used to it.

·
Administrator
5,020 Posts
yeah just put it back on him, play a game or something to take his mind off it.

lol he just needs to get used to it.

·
Registered
9,920 Posts
Kendal is right....Lady hated hers too...I would take it off of her when she seemed really bothered...but 3 solid days with it on and she was used to it no problem!

·
Registered
2,006 Posts
I didnt leave Buddys on him all the time i just kept putting it on once or twice a day followed by a treat to get him used to it.He still dosnt wear it really when were at home ,he has no problem wearing when we go for walks .

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Well i put the collar on lastnight and i havent taken it off. Much to Smiths disgust ha.
Today has not been great he wont interact at all, sulking big time, am i doing the right thing here. I miss my happy puppy :(

·
Registered
9,920 Posts
he will be happy again! just give him a day to get over it....and dont react to his sulkiness...keep your same attitude, if he thinks you feel sorry for him he is winning....just play games with him and try and get him to interact....and make sure it's not too tight too...three fingers should fit nicely.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Thanks Amanda i'll persist. I know its necessary even if my two young boys think im being mean ha.
I'll report tomorrow any changes. I may call in the local butchers and pick him up a juicy bone to take his mind off it. :rolleyes:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts