I Love My Cockapoo Forums banner
1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
2,590 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone :)

For those who are wanting to know how the troublesome two are getting on...

Izzie & Poppy have been much better as the days go on :) They play, although Poppy can sometimes be a little rough biting Izzie's ears & fur etc, so sometimes we have to help her out lol (the big girl) :) Izzie also tries to help us tell Poppy off if she has been naughty (chewing laptop wires), if we are saying 'Poppy no' Izzie will come over and start pawing her to tell her :)
So we're happy with their progress...

Poppy is also doing very well with toilet training & goes outside most of the time now :) She slept through the night on saturday night, but last night woke up crying again, so we are still working on her settling in her crate at night, but hopefully we'll get there soon :D She is great at travelling though! Which is a shock as Izzie never has been, Poppy slept most of the way home & wasn't sick at all, but Izzie pants a lot (and isn't sick anymore but used to be).

Anyway that's the main update for now :) & some pictures to follow for everyone :D

Izzie & Poppy together (first 3 photos)

Poppy

Izzie

·
Registered
539 Posts
Lovely Pics, They look great together. I can imagine them plotting together. I love the 5th picture down of Poppy with her tongue out. looks like she's got a big pair of pouting lips complete with lipstick (hope you haven't been giving her make up lessons)

:)
Simon & another Poppy lol

·
Registered
2,590 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
They look close Laura .. I am so pleased Poppy has settled in and your girls are cuddling up to each other .. I love it when my dogs sleep or chill out in close contact xxx

Loving your gals xxxx
Aww thank you JoJo :D I love yours too!
They are certainly getting closer by the day :) So i'm hoping for best friends soon! Izzie sometimes moves though if Poppy actually sits on her to sleep haha, not sure why, but she does like to be quite close layed next to her, & comes down to see her in the morning in her crate :D It's sweet :) xxx

·
Registered
Obi, Roo & Poppy
4,159 Posts
Good news Laura and lovely pics of them together. I thought Izzie would start to come round and I'm sure they will become even closer as time goes by. Give it another few weeks and you'll wonder what you were so worried about. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
2,590 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
hi they are both so cute ,love poppys colouring buddy seems to be going lighter already they look lovely together x
Thank you very much :) Poppy is lighter underneath as well atm, although our breeder kept one about the same colour as Poppy and said his went lighter but then came through darker again, so I hope that that's the case :) x

·
Registered
2,185 Posts
Thank you very much :) Poppy is lighter underneath as well atm, although our breeder kept one about the same colour as Poppy and said his went lighter but then came through darker again, so I hope that that's the case :) x
Laura such lovely pictures :D. Poppy looks so similar to Remy. Remy went lighter but now seems to be coming through darker again just like the one your breeder kept and I first noticed it in the base of her coat at about 11 weeks.

·
Registered
2,590 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Laura such lovely pictures :D. Poppy looks so similar to Remy. Remy went lighter but now seems to be coming through darker again just like the one your breeder kept and I first noticed it in the base of her coat at about 11 weeks.
Thank Mandy :D They really are so similar! Just Poppy is a smaller version atm haha, good to hear your Remy is coming through darker again as well then :) Hopefully Poppy's will so she isn't the exact same colour as our Izzie, but if not then no worries we'll still love her obv, just wanted a bit of a different coat colour. I'll keep a look out in a couple of weeks then :D

& thanks Sarah :D x

·
Registered
2,590 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
We certainly do Mandy :D It's great :) Seeing pictures of Remy home was like Poppy was already with us :D Haha, & wow you can tell it's coming through darker again! I just love the colour so really hope Poppy will stay darker, so if it comes back through I will be very happy :D x

·
Registered
2,590 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
A picture update for everyone who would like to see the girls together :D
They're getting on well as you can see :) Obviously still the play fighting etc, but that will always happen we just have to make sure they are not too rough with each other :)

1 - 20 of 36 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.