I Love My Cockapoo Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3,292 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Izzy took the plunge yesterday and had a little swim. She followed Phoebe and Ciara across a wee stretch of water, it wasn't deep but too deep for her to walk all the way. She seemed happy enough but sat shivering at the other side. I videoed it so I'll try and post later :)

·
Registered
853 Posts
Ah I live near to the beach and so far Nacho has not been keen on the sea. However I had a nice hot bath the other day and after getting out Nacho would not stop whining and peering over the bath into the water. So just as a test to see what he would be like (he has had baths before but just with the shower hose) I gently put him in it. I was shocked to find he absolutely LOVED it. started doggy paddling around the bath (its pretty big) even though he could still stand he wanted to swim. Now he is like a duck to water. Loves going under the water and dipping his head under!

Is this normal behaviour? It had me in absolute stitches. Such an entertainer!

·
Registered
3,569 Posts
Good girls Izzy. They do gradually seem to like the water,.

Love the fact that Nacho is proving to be an avid swimmer. think you'll find him soon taking the plunge into the sea.

Millie does love to splash in water thats about knee height, so not very deep. She did swim in the sea last week, but only because hubby took her out with us. She was really cold afterwards, he had to give up his towel to warm her up :D

·
Registered
1,490 Posts
Well done Izzy! I think Max will like swimming, he's already had a sort of go in the paddling pool :D

1 - 6 of 6 Posts