I Love My Cockapoo Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
3,292 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This morning when we went down to the kitchen for their breakfast, Phoebe went out through the dog flap into the garden, and Izzy followed her out. She's looked before, but there's a set of steps at the the other side and she's never been brave enough to jump out until now. Well, there's a new game to play! :D

·
Registered
1,184 Posts
I want a dog flap!! Well done Izzy ..... hours of fun now! Lol

We have a cat flap but it's just not big enough to go through.... although a distant firework one evening was enough to make my greyhound try her hardest. It was the funniest sight. I had to laugh, though the poor thing was shaking in fright, bless her. She's not at all good with fireworks.

Karen x

·
Registered
263 Posts
This morning when we went down to the kitchen for their breakfast, Phoebe went out through the dog flap into the garden, and Izzy followed her out. She's looked before, but there's a set of steps at the the other side and she's never been brave enough to jump out until now. Well, there's a new game to play! :D
Hi,
So how exactly does a dog flap work? (silly question, I know!!) is it the same as a cat flap where the cat/dog wears something on their collar which makes it open? It's just that I have images in my head of a film way back where a child came into the house through a dog flap! How does it work re security?
Pip X

·
Registered
3,292 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Yes, it's a big cat flap! My daughter could get through it until she was
about 10, so I suppose it's not really secure. We don't use special collars, they just go through it.

·
Registered
8,610 Posts
Oh Ali you dont need a bell then .. she's going to be in and out, you'll be searching for her . I assume you cant fasten it shut but dont want Izzy to walk into it :eek:

·
Registered
3,292 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
She can't go far - we have an enclosed courtyard so they can't goright down the garden. It will be great when she's bigger - if she actually uses it! She did a wee 6 inches from the open back door today! Lazy wotsit :D

·
Registered
3,615 Posts
She will be in and out all the time now! :D

Despite not being the smallest Cockapoo I have come across, Daisy uses our cat flap regularly and even takes herself off to the toilet sometimes!:) She has started to have to wiggle her bottom a bit as she goes through so I did wonder if she was getting a bit porky! I think she is fine but just a bit bigger and rounder that when we first got her. It is probably all the cat food she is eating aswell! :eek:

·
Registered
1,184 Posts
I once stayed at a B&B with a friend in Bath. As we arrived we saw a huge dog flap in the front door that we could easily have fitted through. We had to laugh ..... our first thoughts were 'blimey that's not very secure, a thief could easily fit through there' ..........hysteria set in when we thought of what might be sat waiting for the thief on the other side! Secure? Yes, I would think so!!

Karen xx

1 - 14 of 14 Posts