I Love My Cockapoo Forums banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
8,257 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all my cockapoo loving friends,

Sorry that I’ve been a little quiet lately! I have been busy creating a fun and hopefully informative blog which is basically all about me and ‘my dog’s life’ (hence the blog name). I wanted to share with others my cockapoo experiences and how I became the crazy cockapoo JoJo I am today. I have really enjoyed creating my new blog so far, as my dogs are such a big part of my life and as we all know from this forum, sharing experiences and opinions is really useful as well as being great fun. I have added ‘I Love My Cockapoo’ to my blog roll as it is one of my favourite forums and communities, which includes all of you.

I really hope you like it and would welcome you all to leave comments if you feel you would like to, and if you think you can handle regular updates from me then you can sign up to my newsletter too. Also please tell your friends as it may contain some interesting posts which would suit any dog owner or new puppy owner in the future. I have loads of ideas and just want to share them with you all.

Ha ha ha and yes I still moan about my darling hubby on the blog, but have decided to finally put a name (and face perhaps) to my long suffering best friend – hey you could even help me talk him into getting cockapoo number 4 sooner rather than later xxxxx

http://www.mydogslife.co.uk

·
Registered
1,123 Posts
Hi all my cockapoo loving friends,

Sorry that I’ve been a little quiet lately! I have been busy creating a fun and hopefully informative blog which is basically all about me and ‘my dog’s life’ (hence the blog name). I wanted to share with others my cockapoo experiences and how I became the crazy cockapoo JoJo I am today. I have really enjoyed creating my new blog so far, as my dogs are such a big part of my life and as we all know from this forum, sharing experiences and opinions is really useful as well as being great fun. I have added ‘I Love My Cockapoo’ to my blog roll as it is one of my favourite forums and communities, which includes all of you.

I really hope you like it and would welcome you all to leave comments if you feel you would like to, and if you think you can handle regular updates from me then you can sign up to my newsletter too. Also please tell your friends as it may contain some interesting posts which would suit any dog owner or new puppy owner in the future. I have loads of ideas and just want to share them with you all.

Ha ha ha and yes I still moan about my darling hubby on the blog, but have decided to finally put a name (and face perhaps) to my long suffering best friend – hey you could even help me talk him into getting cockapoo number 4 sooner rather than later xxxxx

http://www.mydogslife.co.uk
Oh, you're bad, Jo-Jo - I was supposed to be studying this evening and I've already spent all of it on the forum. Now you've given me another distraction! I'm going to be strong (and will look at it while I'm supposed to be working tomorrow ;))

Right, logging off now. Rosie is giving me a disapproving look :(

·
Registered
8,257 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Do your studying first Louise ... I hope you like it xxxxx

Love to Rosie Posie xxxx

·
Registered
3,615 Posts
Oh my goodness you have been busy! That is fantastic, love it! :twothumbs: Gorgeous pictures of your dogs and love the recipes. I will definitely be making liver cake! :D

·
Registered
8,257 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thank you Sarah .... and thank you for registering for the news letter :) I will continue to make it fun and very JoJo style information just for you xxxxx

·
Banned
1,872 Posts
JoJo - Great site and a great idea xxxxxxx

...........though You wait until they bay for blood for daily updates xxxxxxxxxxx

Stephen xxx

............Me.........I just wanted to see you with your puppies out ! xx;)

·
Registered
8,257 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
JoJo with her puppies are on their.....

Good idea for a post ... JoJo with her puppies out :) :)

Thank you Stephen for your kind comments ... always much appreciated xxx

·
Registered
65 Posts
Love the blog. I am going to be hooked waiting for updates! Great job, it looks as though you have spent ages on it.

J x

·
Registered
8,257 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
It is so much fun .. and it is my life, hence the name ‘My Dogs Life’ ....

Thanks for all the great feedback .. and thank you for signing up to my news letter .. I will try to bring a smile to your face and will share my cockapoo experience with you :)

I want you to feel part of it too......

·
Registered
8,257 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Karen thank you for adding a comment on the blog .... your feedback is so much appreciated .. and it means so much to have your support :)

·
Registered
8,610 Posts
Without a doubt, all your research is there and is then so accessable to others ... all you need to know about cockapoos in one place . It makes great informative but at the same time informal reading its fab... look forward to reading more x

·
Registered
8,257 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
hey how exciting JoJo has become a Veteran .. now I do feel old ... so old I didn't even notice it had happened ha ha ha

Thank you all so much for your support, you are great cockapoo friends xxxxx

·
Registered
2,006 Posts
Wow what agreat blog ! great recipes !

Can i ask you about the eye test ,would you recommend having it done even if you are not going to breed from your dog plus one of it's parents has had the test done?

Also maybe a stupid question but how should you clean the ears for best results .

Thanks dx

·
Registered
8,257 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Wow what agreat blog ! great recipes !

Can i ask you about the eye test ,would you recommend having it done even if you are not going to breed from your dog plus one of it's parents has had the test done?

Also maybe a stupid question but how should you clean the ears for best results .

Thanks dx
Hi Donna

I can only give you my personal advice on this one ...

When you say eye testing, there are different types of eye tests which breeders use, not to get too technical here but if one of the parents were Optigen DNA tested with a clear/normal result .... the pups will not be affected by PRA. By there is another type of eye test which test dogs on a yearly basis, this is an ongoing test but it does show up other eye conditions .

My answer would be no you don't need to test your dog unless you wish or have the desire to breed them, but at the same time none of us want to own a puppy which could potentially go blind .. it is a sad thought I know and a personal choice ... let me know what eye tests the parents had and I will let you know my opinion from there... I can only advise you what I would do :S

I hope my blog makes it clear to all cockapoo owners the difference in types of eye tests.

For example I have seen cockapoos being sold with the advert reading clear eye tested parent.. now that sound great to most buyers, but after much research the eye was a yearly test known as BVA and a cockapoo with a clear eye test at the age of 2 could pass this test with no PRA being detected during this eye examination.... however this dog could start to show the affects of this disease by the age of 4 (all examples here, I am just trying to explain it in an easy manor) and by this time produced 2 litter .. which is a terrible thought, as depending on the other parents results .. could be producing affected pups which may go blind over time.

I am really for PRA DNA testing via Optigen .... like I said this is just my experience and my feeling on the matter.

I am pleased you like the blog and it was created to help people like me and you have somewhere to refer to :)

·
Registered
8,257 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Very impressed JoJo love it xxxxx
Sarah, coming from someone with so much experience that comment means the world to me.. thank you so much xxxx

I am really enjoying my research and just want to share it with others in true JoJo style (with a bit of fun added)... its basically my life and cockapoo experiences to be shared with others xxx

1 - 20 of 32 Posts