I Love My Cockapoo Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
212 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Benji has started jumping up at us whenever we are sitting on the sofa. He doesn't want to get on the sofa, just get our attention. Its becoming a bit of a pain. I don't know whether we should ignore it, push him down with an 'off' command or get down on the floor to play with him. It has started since my in laws have been to stay, partly because we were sitting down more often and partly because they loved to make a big fuss of him but weren't so good at the keeping the boundaries! He doesn't jump up when we are standing and sits to greet etc. Any suggestions gratefully received.

Thank you

Meg x

·
Registered
Obi, Roo & Poppy
4,159 Posts
Hi, Obi does this too, usually with a toy in his mouth. At first I would interact with him and start playing with the toy with him but I found the more I did that the more he did it. So now if I feel I have given him enough attention already I just ignore him. He get's the message after 5mins and goes to lie down in his favourite spot. I think you just have to judge it depending on how much time you've given them already.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.