I Love My Cockapoo Forums banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
1,318 Posts
Lolly is the same when people come into the house. We have a little mat that we put in the corner of the hall and when the doorbell goes (after Lolly has barked and jumped up at the window to see who it is!!) we ask her sit on the mat. We keep a pot of treats by the door and tell Lolly to stay while we open the door. She is then kept distracted and rewarded with treats while our guests come in (we ask them to ignore Lolly when they walk in). We then tell her when she can go and say hello. I think this keeps her a little calmer and at least lets our guests walk in the door before they get pounced on!

If I know we are expecting guests (especially a whole family with young children) I will put Lolly on her lead and let her greet them so I can stop her jumping up. She only tries to jump initially and once she has met them she calms right down and goes back to being a laid back couch potato.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.