I Love My Cockapoo Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, we (husband and 2 teenagers) are considering getting a cockapoo, after much deliberation!! So far we have been able to fob the kids off with fish, guineapigs and the like. However, my daughter is now doing a BTEC in animal management at the local college and recently was working with a new litter of Pugs!! We live in a terraced house, in Basingstoke, kids are at college down the road, husband and I both work full time. Very small back garden, but parks and good walks abound. Hopefully a cockapoo will fit our requirements and they look so adorable!!

·
Registered
4,568 Posts
Hi, welcome to the forum. You should find the answer to any question you may think of about cockapoos, just use the thread search :)
Cockapoos are adorable and very much companion dogs so the only thing that I would be concerned about is the full time work thing. Some owners on here also work full time but provide some sort of doggy day care, which is great as it enables people that probably wouldn't be able to have a dog to do so but it can be expensive.
I wouldn't otherwise recommend getting a dog if it would be alone all day.

·
Administrator
5,020 Posts
Hey welcome. first off because of the kids age, if your getting a dog make sure your getting one bexause you want one. the novlty of a dog can wair off with kids also they will be wanting to go out more leaveing the dog in your hands.

do you know what kind of cockapoo you are interested in
American/englis(working or show) cocker cross mini or toy poodle.

do you have a coat coloir in mind, would you like a boy or girl.

what coat type are you after(the cockapoo can vairy from smooth like the cocker to tight curls like the poodle or have light soft curls.

·
Registered
2,123 Posts
Hello and welcome.You have made a fanatastic choice,cockapoos are wonderful family dogs.i have 4( soon to be 5) an have the english working x miniature and american toy( the latter only being 12-13 inches tall) my largest english girl is 17 inches tall so there is quite a huge difference,whatever you decide they are all gorgeous,look forward to hearing what you decide xxx

·
Registered
3,292 Posts
Hi Annie, It's a very exciting time - I remember so vividly telling my 13 year old daughter (who was desperate for a 2nd dog) that I had decided we'd have one! Your daughter's course will certainly come in handy :)
Have a look at the website address below on my signature, you'll find loads of info there to help you on your journey. good luck :)

·
Registered
2,590 Posts
Hi & welcome!

You have made a brilliant choice :D
Would love to hear more about what kind of cockapoo you're after and colour & ***, that will help when looking for breeders.

The full time work & college could however be a slight problem, you may need to put something in place which ensures the dog gets seen to in the day, as full time work could be around 10 hours... Although I doubt the girls being a college would be out that long. Would you be willing to look into doggy day care or a dog walker through the week?

Please let us know what you decide & how things go :)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.