I Love My Cockapoo Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
273 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi
Sorry if this question is a bit weird? But when you have a light coloured Cockapoo is it possible to keep their beard light too or will it always go a browny colour??:confused: xxx

·
Administrator
5,020 Posts
depends, it can be affected by the food you feed or the water they drink, or like tear staining it can be a yeast build up.

·
Registered
1,363 Posts
Teddy has become quite brown around the mouth, too. I didn't know they could get yeast build up around the mouth, thought it was just the eyes. Maybe Angels Eyes powder added to their food might clear the colour around the mouth too, if it is yeast. I have some that I got for Teddy's eyes, so going to start him on it again to see if there is any difference. I have been wary of using it since I discovered it had an antibiotic in it, but it helped before with the eye staining, so maybe reconsider using it. Anybody else have experience?

·
Registered
273 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hi Tressa, do you give Teddy bottled water or tap water? I read somewhere that this could affect tear staining??? I havent heard of angels eye powder so now going to google lol. Thanks girls.xxx

·
Registered
1,363 Posts
Hi Tressa, do you give Teddy bottled water or tap water? I read somewhere that this could affect tear staining??? I havent heard of angels eye powder so now going to google lol. Thanks girls.xxx
Hi Tammy - I have always given him tap water. It never occurred to me to give him bottled water, as I rarely drink it myself. The water quality up here in Scotland is usually quite good and 'soft'. It certainly wouldn't hurt to try bottled water for a while to see if it makes a difference, though, so thanks for that:). I got my angels eyes in the states, but you can get it here. Quite expensive, I think, but it did help last time with Teddy's eyes -def going to start it again though.

·
Registered
273 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks for your advise...I would like to keep Blossom's beard like a teddy bear so will see what happens as she grows....I think I read about baking soda too???:)

·
Registered
273 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks for your advise...I would like to keep Blossom's beard like a teddy bear so will see what happens as she grows....I think I read about baking soda too???:)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts