I Love My Cockapoo Forums banner
21 - 27 of 27 Posts

· Registered
2 Posts
I have just bought our adorable Lottie home on Saturday and I cannot believe how well she has settled in. The training, fingers crossed is going really well with very few accidents so far. I too returned to work today which was hard as I didn't know how she would be. However she appears to have slept until she was woken at lunchtime.

· Registered
6,382 Posts
I have always written down when Molly pee's and poo'd on a tablet. I still do but the list has gotten so much shorter. On some days she can hold it for 6 hours on other days 4 hours. We go out about 5-6 times a day now before it was every half hour:D It helped me a lot to log it. I wouldn't really need to now but sometimes she rings her bells and it's for attention so this way I know:D

· Registered
8 Posts
I have just bought our adorable Lottie home on Saturday and I cannot believe how well she has settled in. The training, fingers crossed is going really well with very few accidents so far. I too returned to work today which was hard as I didn't know how she would be. However she appears to have slept until she was woken at lunchtime.
When you leave pup when you go to work is she in a crate and does she wee in the crate?

· Registered
31 Posts
I kept a log for the first month. It was very helpful in helping us figure out Molly's times for pees and poos. At 16 weeks, either she is trained or we are trained! Either way, it has worked, and now she seems to ask to go out by whining and heading for or sitting at the door. I certainly would recommend the log.

· Registered
3 Posts
We use an Android/iOS app called Doggy Time. Its cheap, $7.50/mo or something and it gives you all kinds of graphs and heatmaps to see what time of the day are most frequent times for wee's, poos, napping regularity, reminders for vaccinations & medications. You can also store their vet info, microchip number, insurance policy number etc. It really helps us time our pups body clock better.

Hope that helps!

21 - 27 of 27 Posts