I Love My Cockapoo Forums banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone
We are currently living in NZ (originally from Yorkshire) and here Cockapoos are called Spoodles, we got our gorgeous little bundle of black fluff, Ruby, at Christmas and we're totally smitten with her. Our Border Terrier, Tiz, isn't quite so sure though, she prefers the quiet life and not being ambushed by a 100 mile an hour bouncing bomb!
I'd love to do agility with Ruby when she's older and a bit more under control, she's so quick and agile already, not sure I'll be able to keep up though!
I'm looking forward to getting to know everyone on here and getting some advice on the world of Cockapoos.

·
Registered
1,363 Posts
Hi Sheenagh and welcome to the forum. Not sure if there are any other kiwis on here, but if so I am sure they will make themselves known:) Lots of people with experience on here. And very willing to help. Don't know how I would have coped without it, especially in the early days.

·
Registered
329 Posts
Hi, we are from Sheffield, south Yorkshire and we decided to get a cockapoo when we were visiting new Zealand ( I know that doesn't really count ha ha :D )
My aunt lived in Wellington then moved to Auckland. She has an Australian labradoodle. My daughter was allergic to dogs but not to the labradoodle but she was a bit too big for our house so that's when we started looking for a cockapoo. I think here a spoodle is a springer spaniel and poodle.
Looking forward to photos :)

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thanks guys for such a warm welcome to the forum! it's lovely to get so many replies.

We live in the South Island on the east coast about 2 hours south of Christchurch (yes we felt the earthquakes, no damage though thank goodness). It's winter here at the moment so we have beautiful snowy mountains and frosty mornings but we also get the sun. I'm originally from sunny Leeds but have lived all over the UK.
Ruby's mum is a poodle cross English cocker spaniel and her dad is a miniature poodle so she has plenty of poodle bounce. Spoodles are popular here, however the Kiwis seem to like any breed crossed with a poodle!
I'm trying to work out how to get some photos of Ruby on here, need to consult the IT expert in the house aka my husband.
It's so lovely seeing all the photos of everyones cockerpoos on here, all gorgeous and they come in all shapes, sizes and colours.:p

·
Registered
573 Posts
I am originally from Wakefield [WAKEY] and hope to return to Yorkshire but more North Yorks and our plan is to spend a year travelling NZ once the children are independent! Love all of NZ - spent 6 months there - both Islands in my backpacking days and then returned to South Island on my hubbys business trip 11 years ago - beautiful place with beautiful people and now Cockapoos - I will be in heaven!

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Leeds & Wakey, anywhere in Yorkshire can't be bad! I lived in Ripon and loved it there, walks on the North York moors with the dogs come a close second to walks on the beach here.
Now we have snowy mountains think I may go search out some snow at the weekend see what Ruby thinks to chasing snowballs!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.