I Love My Cockapoo Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Oh how very sweet :) 2 weeks will fly by. i'm still trying to work out pronunciation of Kiaya - where's it from?
Phonetically I think kIyA would be a better way to spell it!

A bit embarassing but if you've ever seen the film Willow it's the name of his wife in that! That's the only reference I have to it being used. It does show up in name lists - but it's pretty much very new.

We've been struggling for ages as we wanted something unique but easy to shout! lol

·
Registered
1,701 Posts
lol it's not odd, my sister names her daughter Willow after that movie (I prefer it the the other name she was thinking... RIPLEY!)

Kiaya looks so adorable :)

·
Registered
3,292 Posts
It's very pretty, and yes, unusual. I'm a bit obsessed with getting names right, my daughter is Ciara and it is mispronounced constantly ( and misspelled when we say it). I blame the Knightly woman!
I imagine you have fun with your name too :D

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
It's very pretty, and yes, unusual. I'm a bit obsessed with getting names right, my daughter is Ciara and it is mispronounced constantly ( and misspelled when we say it). I blame the Knightly woman!
I imagine you have fun with your name too :D
Yeah. The handle I use on here is the original spelling of my name which is Ailsa.

And it is amazing how many poeple just can't get their head around the 'il' - they often want to change it round to 'li'!!

Personally I blame my parents! lol

·
Registered
8,257 Posts
Kiaya is so sweet .. nice name too ..

Where is she from? has she got any siblings on here???

2 weeks count down .. get puppy shopping :)

·
Registered
3,292 Posts
Yeah. The handle I use on here is the original spelling of my name which is Ailsa.

And it is amazing how many poeple just can't get their head around the 'il' - they often want to change it round to 'li'!!

Good Gaelic name :)

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Kiaya is so sweet .. nice name too ..

Where is she from? has she got any siblings on here???

2 weeks count down .. get puppy shopping :)
Thank you. And don't worry - Puppy shopping is already well out of hand! lol

She's from Tyne and Wear. And I don't think she will have any siblings on here. Rhea had another litter 2 years ago, but they're not breeders as such.

·
Registered
412 Posts
We went to see Kiaya at the weekend and just thought you might want a sneeky peek!

2 weeks and then we can bring her home - can't wait!
super cute!!! She looks just like my Archie when he was teeny-tiny! I tell people he's the same colour as a fat sausage roll :)

the 2 weeks will fly by and then you will be in for a world of fun :)

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
super cute!!! She looks just like my Archie when he was teeny-tiny! I tell people he's the same colour as a fat sausage roll :)

the 2 weeks will fly by and then you will be in for a world of fun :)
Like the colour description - it's more accurate than the 'lemon' description she came with! lol

·
Registered
42 Posts

What a lovely name! (Yours that is). Personally I think that your parents have great taste.

P.S. I can't wait either. Love, Mum.

·
Registered
2,590 Posts
Gorgeous pup & a very nice name :)
It surprises me that people mis pronounce Ciara though, sounds like they call her Keira?

·
Registered
Obi, Roo & Poppy
4,159 Posts
Ah, so little, so sweet. I love it when they are that small. They don't stay small for long though do they. Two weeks will fly by...time yet to go out and buy that extra toy!

·
Registered
2,590 Posts
Haha that's pretty funny that people get it so wrong, although I loved the name Kiara for a pup (like the Lion King 2) :D

1 - 18 of 18 Posts