I Love My Cockapoo Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

· Registered
1,760 Posts
Welcome to that club! I have exactly the same thing with Dylan. His also started around that age, once the adult coat was in. There is no way of keeping them knot free - you either keep the coat clipped short or keep brushing and de-tangling every day. A de-matt comb is good to cut through the matts, but Dylan also makes it very difficult for me. I have just had to get him really scalped because I had grown his coat for quite a while and the matts had got particularly bad. :(

· Registered
175 Posts
Bobs doesn't exactly enjoy getting groomed either.

My New Years resolution is going to be do do a little bit of grooming every day and see if that helps him get used to it.

Agree, keeping their coat on the short side helps though.

· Registered
3,015 Posts
Sadly no short cuts on this one I'm afraid.. I brush Betty for 20 mins every day. I took my eye of the ball for two days over Xmas and am now paying the price (or at least Betty is..)- although some dogs coats do matt worse than others ..her coat is very soft like cotton wool:):(

· Registered
1,655 Posts
Yes, I agree ... groom every day (or every other day if lucky) or keep coat short. I've been busy with other things over Xmas and have neglected their coats a bit ... Bess could now do with a bath, comb through, and will need first trimming soon. Maisie has a a more difficult coat and now needs major grooming work.:eek:

· Registered
60 Posts
MOnty is now 10 and half months old and he has started getting knots. I would love to keep his coat long and shaggy but it's not going to happen. He is due a cut on Friday and I will ask for him to be kept longer than in the summer but think it's going to be a battle now his adult coat is coming through.

Good luck!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.