I Love My Cockapoo Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I woke up Saturday to a half eaten wooden earring. I'm not sure where the hook is and I pray he has not swallowed it. He threw up bile three times that morning so I kept a close eye on him all day. He ate, pooed and played as normal. Sunday he woke up crying so I gave him a pepcid to settle his stomach. He was his usual self all day. I put him on a bland diet (chicken and rice) just in case. Today he only pooed once and I'm still a little worried. Were going in for Xrays tomorrow morning so keep us in your prayers.:pout::pout::pout:

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Update

The vet just called....they were able to to get the post out along with a chunk of wood through a rectal exam. Since its in the lower GI tract, no xrays neeeded, they are keeping him for the day to give him an enema to get everything else out and bathe him. I'm so happy my little furball is going to be ok. Thanks for your thoughts and well wishes. :kiss:

·
Registered
6,314 Posts
Bless him, what a worry. Glad all ok. Dudley tries to eat everything as well, I am often prizing things out of his mouth. Recently I thought a poo of his looked wierd so I poked it about a bit with a stick (as you do!!) eventually I realised it was the whole furry leg off of his stuffing free fox! so glad it had gone through with no problems, I won't leave him with soft toys now.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.