I Love My Cockapoo Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
532 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought Pushca a kong and filled it with liver treats but they all fell out. Do I fill it with peanut butter? But won't this make a mess? Do I use ordinary peanut butter or special doggy stuff? It sounds a great toy for when I go out but have no idea how to use it......I do have a high IQ....honest
Thanks

·
Registered
1,123 Posts
PEANUT BUTTER! PEANUT BUTTER! PEANUT BUTTER!

Sorry, Rosie jumped up and typed a reply before I could stop her ;)

Yes, normal peanut butter - I share mine between Rosie, the kids and the husband. If you make sure you get a big dollop out first time, it's hygeinic, as you won't be putting germs from the kong back into the pot.

I've also used cream cheese and others on here freeze things in it, which I've not got round to trying yet. I have also been known to put bits of liver cake in, which because I make it, I can cut up as big as I like so it doesn't fall out.

Don't bother with the Kong Stuff stuff - PB works just as well and seems far less greasy.

·
Registered
1,707 Posts
Hi - I mix chopped up small pieces of carrot, meat, apple etc in some frozen yoghurt (someone else suggested cream cheese too) and stuff the Kong then put peanut butter round the edge. Beau hasn't made a mess yet as eats it all :) Someone else asked a similar question earlier today and there was a really great list of all the things you can stuff it with so try a search at the top for extra ideas! Hope this helps a bit :D

·
Registered
1,707 Posts
PEANUT BUTTER! PEANUT BUTTER! PEANUT BUTTER!

Sorry, Rosie jumped up and typed a reply before I could stop her ;)

Yes, normal peanut butter - I share mine between Rosie, the kids and the husband. If you make sure you get a big dollop out first time, it's hygeinic, as you won't be putting germs from the kong back into the pot.

I've also used cream cheese and others on here freeze things in it, which I've not got round to trying yet. I have also been known to put bits of liver cake in, which because I make it, I can cut up as big as I like so it doesn't fall out.

Don't bother with the Kong Stuff stuff - PB works just as well and seems far less greasy.
Sorry Louise was typing my post at same time as you and looks like I am just repeating what you have said! :)

·
Registered
1,707 Posts
No, I love your frozen yoghurt idea. Do you re-freeze after you've stuffed?
Thank you and yes I do as take some out of the pot and let it soften very slightly then put the rest back in the freezer - saves a fortune in waste :)

·
Registered
8,610 Posts
Debi I think perhaps your IQ is too high lol lol . The recipes on the other thread are great ... I even put mine in the microwave the other day, was nt sure of the outcome but put cheese in and then let it melt just to make it harder to get out.... it worked. x

·
Registered
532 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks everyone that's really helped Do any of you give this every day or is it literally if you're going to be out for a while? Peanut butter is soooo fattening.

·
Registered
1,123 Posts
Ah, it's only about a teaspoonful though - just enough to plug the hole. I don't push it all the way down.

I give Rosie a Kong every night at bedtime, but I vary what goes in it, so it's not peanut butter every night (as much as she would love that!), but I'm not sure I'd be too fussed about it being fattening even if it was, as she only gets NI, liver cake, bones and chicken wings apart from that (not all of that every day!)

·
Registered
8,610 Posts
If I go out the ritual is the kong goes in mables crate with her. When Wilf sees me with the kongs he just goes and lies in his bed.... bless his cotton picking ....Wilf s not a peanut butter lover.. Mable would eat anything, has eaten out of the compost caddy !!! I often use low fat cream cheese, buy that especially for kongs but then stuff anything else in that Ive got in the fridge, bacon, tuna, raw mince, chicken anything.... if Ive got meat left from a joint I stuff a small piece as far in as it will go and Mable works so hard to get it all out. Wilf cant be bothered to work for it, I only give him one cos she's having one really... the first thing she does after greeting you when she gets out of her crate is run to Wilf s bed to get his kong to see if he's left any

·
Registered
532 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thanks for your reply. What's NI tho? pushca eats chicken wings, kibbles ( if she has to ) and Lily's kitchen yummy tins

·
Registered
1,123 Posts
SORRY! I get told off for using acronyms at work too. Natural Instinct - do a forum search for it, but be sure to put aside a couple of days to read everything!

·
Registered
369 Posts
We put kibble, liver cake etc in, then the wet stuff - peanut butter or cheese spread and Eddie especially loves Sardine and tomato paste - you know the lovely stuff you used to get in your sandwiches as a child :)

1 - 13 of 13 Posts