I Love My Cockapoo Forums banner
21 - 40 of 74 Posts

·
Administrator
5,020 Posts
Wow! We bought Vinvent a Kong and have put some peanut butter in it and he seems to love it, but once the peanut butter is gone he ignores it! I've put some doggy treats in it but he's not keen on them so doesn't play with it much.

I'll have a go with one of these recipes and let you know how he does :D
anything you put in it pop it in the freezer it will last longer and will be nice when he is teething.

·
Registered
853 Posts
just wanted to say a huge THANKYOU to everyone on this forum who educated me about Kongs (having had dogs in my family my life) I have never even heard of a kong. I feel sorry for my doggies in heaven for missing out on such a treat!

As I type Nacho is going to town on his kong. I have been replaced and his love is now for the rubber orange thing rolling around on the floor filled with bran flakes, kibble, peanut butter paste and apple!

Such a joy to see him in his absolute element... Well it is food afterall!

·
Registered
14 Posts
With regards to peanut butter is it best to go for smooth or chunky? I've only got crunchy in the cupboard (for the humans!) & don't want to just give my puppy that if it's not suitable. Tried him with a Kong this morning with just a couple of basic kibble treats in & he really enjoyed it so planning on having a go with some of those lovely recipes. A very useful thread, thank you!

·
Registered
1,707 Posts
With regards to peanut butter is it best to go for smooth or chunky? I've only got crunchy in the cupboard (for the humans!) & don't want to just give my puppy that if it's not suitable. Tried him with a Kong this morning with just a couple of basic kibble treats in & he really enjoyed it so planning on having a go with some of those lovely recipes. A very useful thread, thank you!
Beau has had both crunchy and smooth (depending on what phase my daughter is going through as to what we have in the cupboard) peanut butter. She has had kongs filled with it since we got her at 8 weeks and have never had any problem with it. Hope this helps :)

·
Registered
14 Posts
I would suggest stuffing the Kong with more hard biscuit treats instead of overloading it on peanut butter. Dogs tend to get diarrhea afterwards. But the Kong is a great toy for your doggy! It keeps them busy and they love digging into it while finding new surprises!

·
Registered
2,460 Posts
Yes puppy size kong will be fine for Pru, lots of us fill with peanut butter and cream cheese too.

You can buy the kong can of filler or kong biscuits too, it is totally up to you, but kongs are great for keeping puppies busy for a while xxxx

Also kong wubba's are another great toy loved by my dogs .. we have about 5 of them ... no food needed but great teething toy for puppy and a great toy for playing tug with your other canine pals xxxx

hope this helps xxxx
do you recommend small or medium puppy kongs? I was looking the other day for our new puppy but just didnt have a clue which size. Thanks

·
Registered
2,460 Posts
I was worried too but i got salt free sugar free peanut butter! When he was young though I mashed sweet potato and crumbled up home made liver treats in it. He still loves it now. He loves sweet potato and peanut butter, I sometimes layer it with cream cheese too :) x

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

21 - 40 of 74 Posts