I Love My Cockapoo Forums banner
1 - 20 of 50 Posts

·
Registered
9,916 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
UH OH!!! my beautiful shaggy puppy, who has a matted chest beyone belief is going in for a full grooming tomorrow morning. I will post before and after shots for sure...I am affraid she will be a skinny minny and I wont recognize her. We have asked them to try their best without putting her through too much discomfort to d-mat her but it may come down to a scalping! :(
EEEEK!!! if it does I sure hope all her colour comes back the way it is now.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Betty has been today and has been scalped. She was very matted around her ankles and the lady had to cut them all out, this meant that if I had kept her fluffy she would have looked all out of proportion so the lady trimmed her right back.

The groomer did say that their coats were incredibly difficult to keep matt free. Whenever Betty gets wet her coat takes ages to dry - really ages! I think this is the main problem.

I have ordered an all in one raincoat off the internet today, hopefully if she wears this when it is wet it will stop her getting matted etc. Haven't actually seen any other dog in one but the grooming lady recommended it. Hope I have the courage to put her in it.

Felt really bad about all her matted fur!

·
Registered
389 Posts
I actually found it interesting to see the different colours up close in Chloe's fur after she was shaved short.

One thing I might look into next time, is having her scissored instead of shaved. I don't know much about it, but the groomer suggested it last time as a possibility. I think it takes longer and costs more?

It's about 5 weeks since Chloe was shaved short and she doesn't look like a bobblehead anymore, nor such a skinny minnie. I can't wait for her fur to get longer on her butt though!

I hope you are happy with the groom :)

·
Registered
1,203 Posts
Amanda we have all been there! Iz poo is a skinny minny as we speak! She loves it, mummy doesn't attack her with the brush for so long or as often!

Hi Jane - will be interested in the photos! Izzy wasn't happy when I put a full plastic all in one on her - she ran around the garden like a lunatic and managed to pull one of her front legs through, so she fell over. I took it off, cleaned it up and sent it back and bought an Equafleece, which is comfortable but doesn't offer quite so much coverage.

Xx

·
Registered
1,758 Posts
I've just had my first go with the tropiclean d-mat and it really helped to get some nasty matts out of Dylan ears. There would be no point me putting a coat on him because he's in and out of rivers every day. I'm hoping he won't need such a short cut next time, although from his point if view I'm sure he's happier clipped short.

·
Registered
9,916 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
The D-mat I have used twice now, and it helped with the small ones but I think her chest is just too far gone, it will be something I use at every bath from now tho to try and stave away the bad mats, as well as invest in one of those pricey les pooches brushes! I like my pup shaggy

·
Registered
9,916 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
LOL! I am in a different time zone....so I wont have pics untill 6pm my time..EST
it is only 2:20 here. But She has been SHAVED!!!!!! they couldn't save her beautiful locks the poor thing.
I did take before pics this morning tho! it is going to be a huge difference

·
Registered
8,610 Posts
Ooooh Amanda, Im sure she looks fine... she's ready for the summer now.. and just start again re matts. She'll be fluffy before you know it. Lady cant be anything but gorg x

·
Registered
43 Posts
so glad i found this thread ,i was about to post something about grooming.My coco was scalped yesterday ,i managed to keep her body quite free but up by her collar and bottom were matted so i knew she would prob have to go v short.Today i have noticed she has very bad razor burn behind her ear which im very cross about,but should i be ? shes distressed :( also i wanted to know weather i should be geting her ears plucked ,im not really sure how painfull that is for her and if its even necessary ? .I dont know how to upload fotos on here my pretty little girl looks like she a street dog and we rescued her ,am going to try much harder with her grooming

·
Administrator
5,020 Posts
so glad i found this thread ,i was about to post something about grooming.My coco was scalped yesterday ,i managed to keep her body quite free but up by her collar and bottom were matted so i knew she would prob have to go v short.Today i have noticed she has very bad razor burn behind her ear which im very cross about,but should i be ? shes distressed :( also i wanted to know weather i should be geting her ears plucked ,im not really sure how painfull that is for her and if its even necessary ? .I dont know how to upload fotos on here my pretty little girl looks like she a street dog and we rescued her ,am going to try much harder with her grooming
does she have lots of hair inside the ear cannal? if so they yes she needs them plucked. if you dont get them plucked she has a higher risk of ear infactions as the wax collects and causes problems. some dogs dont bothers others howl nthe place down, i had to muzzle rocky the bichon and get my mum to hold him as he was realing going for me but the hair in his ears were matted and covered in wax so i had to get it out.

i need to do Gypsys as i havnt done hers in a while.

·
Registered
8,610 Posts
Poor Coco with razor burn no wonder she was nt happy and dont think i would be either, it maybe would nt have been so bad if they had acknowledged it, think I'd be looking for a different groomer x

·
Registered
9,916 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
OK here it comes.... my poor skinny skinny little girl!!

Before....

SKINNY MINNY AFTER SHOTS

This one is for Kendal.....see Delta isn't the only dog who blinks in photos

·
Registered
9,916 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
I sure was in shock when I first saw her....I didn't know what to do...I kinda feel like she is more fragile now....which obviously isn't true, it sure will take some getting used to the little bobble head.

·
Registered
64 Posts
She's still a cutie!! Think how much cooler she'll feel during the summer! What does Lady think about it all?
Wendy and Little Flo (home in 12 sleeps and now registered with the vet!)xx

1 - 20 of 50 Posts