I Love My Cockapoo Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It's a week today that we collected Lady,and she is just wonderful. She is doing very well with her crate training , going in herself for a sleep when the door is open. She sleeps very well at night , first and second night I was up to take her out about 3am but since then she has slept through. Last night she went down at 11pm and slept until 9am is that a record?
She plays well with Mishka our standard poodle ,but our other one Diva can't really be bothered she just barks and nibbles her. Mishka is only a year so is just a pup herself. We never crate trained our poodles but this is the best way to go now that I have tried it. Will try and post some pictures:)

·
Registered
170 Posts
Oh good, glad she is settling in and that yet another person feels that crates are marvellous. We will have to crate train Holly as we have a cat flap and I don't want her leaving alone!!! Having never had a dog or used a crate I feel like a big meanie:confused:. Everything I have read tells me that dogs love them but .....:eek:

Hope it all continues to go well for you all :smile:

·
Registered
8,610 Posts
Frances , Lady sounds to be doing great, what a lie in mables 8 months and have nt slept past 7.30 since we got her !! She looks lovely on your signiture, what a pretty face. Liz I felt the same about crates before using one but would nt be without one now with a new pup x

·
Registered
235 Posts
Frances Lady sounds like she is doing just fine and shows how much they do love their crates if trained properly to them, Harley adores his and it helps him settle at night now we have a routine......unless my now just turned 18 year old daughter doesnt come home and go HARLEEEEEEEY!!! and then proceed to make a ham sandwich which he can smell and is going mad for.......:mad: give me dogs any day....god getting grumpy old woman!

and.....
Oh good, glad she is settling in and that yet another person feels that crates are marvellous. We will have to crate train Holly as we have a cat flap and I don't want her leaving alone!!! Having never had a dog or used a crate I feel like a big meanie:confused:. Everything I have read tells me that dogs love them but .....:eek:

Hope it all continues to go well for you all :smile:
everything you have read about crates is true .....as long as they are not used as punishment I have a huge crate and made a smaller box to go in so he has loads of room to move and doesn't keep knocking his water over....nope your not a meany she will love it and feel safe and will be safe!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts