I Love My Cockapoo Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi I need some advise. I am back to work tomorrow so Tilly will have to be on her own for 4 1/2 hours 3 days a week and 6 hours 2 days a week. On the 2 days that I work 6 hours I am going to pop in for lunch to feed her and let her out. On the other 3 days I have got an option of my neighbour coming in to let her out half way through. I don't know if we should do that or let her go through that time on her own. Is it to long to leave her for 4 1/2 hours on her own?? I just don't know. She is 15 weeks old. Thanks

·
Registered
1,650 Posts
Hi pops,

I would take up the neighbour's offer of coming in and letting Tilly out as its quite a chunk of time and she is still quite young.

Will you be walking her before work on all 5 days?

Where do you live in Surrey? .... funny if we were really close and I could help out! I'm guessing you work in a school ... I do too but only 2 days a week and have dog walking arrangements on those days.

Sue x

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yes I work in a school!! We live in long ditton where do you live? I think I will ask my neighbour for a couple of weeks and then see how she goes after that. I guess the older they get the longer they can stay on their own.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Darla gets left for 8 hours for 4 days a week (come home at lunch and either go for a 30min walk or 30 mins of play time) So only on her own for 4 hours at a time.
1 Day a week she is on her own for 5 hours but then I don't go back to work in the afternoon on that day.
Has a 30 min walk in the morning and at least an 1 hour in the evening of walking in the forest/park with lots of ball chasing.

Have done this since she was 3 months old (she's now 19 months) She doesn't chew anything or whine/bark etc. She has the run of the house (this she got gradually after knowing she wouldn't chew anything)

If we do take a day off (work from home/holiday/ill) she just sleeps when we are there so we assume she just sleeps when we are at work.
She's used to it and it's her routine.

·
Registered
1,650 Posts
Yes I work in a school!! We live in long ditton where do you live? I think I will ask my neighbour for a couple of weeks and then see how she goes after that. I guess the older they get the longer they can stay on their own.
I'm in Dorking ... so not far but not very near. Yes, its worth getting someone to pop in to break it up for her ... I'm sure she will get used to the routine. Are you around on 9th October for the Surrey Meet?

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thank you for your replies! I have just spoken to my neighbour and she will come in at about 10 am each morning for a couple of weeks and I think after that I will leave Tilly. Hopefully she will get used to being on her own for 4 1/2 hours!!
I would love to come but husband will be in Chicago then so I don't think I can. Hopefully I will be able to come to the next meet!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts