I Love My Cockapoo Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ADVICE NEEDED!!!! We have a four year old cockerpoo called Poppy.poppy has been suffering with an ongoing ear problem in her left ear only for the past 12months.poppy had a flush out and swabs done at the vets in April this year. The swabs came back as yeast infection.poppy has been prescribed lots of different medication and nothing is working.poppy has a very healthy diet ,no wheat,dairy,gluten no treats.this is really upsetting us all as a family as we don't no which way to turn,we feel like we are and have tried everything...please any advice would be very much appreciated...thank you Gilly

·
Registered
4,205 Posts
ADVICE NEEDED!!!! We have a four year old cockerpoo called Poppy.poppy has been suffering with an ongoing ear problem in her left ear only for the past 12months.poppy had a flush out and swabs done at the vets in April this year. The swabs came back as yeast infection.poppy has been prescribed lots of different medication and nothing is working.poppy has a very healthy diet ,no wheat,dairy,gluten no treats.this is really upsetting us all as a family as we don't no which way to turn,we feel like we are and have tried everything...please any advice would be very much appreciated...thank you Gilly
Try a mixture of 3 parts Apple Cider Vinegar

1 part water

10 drops of Lavender Oil.

Then put this in both ears each morning to clean them. Apple Cider Vinegar is an acid with alkaline properties so is very good for fungal infections. Lavender oil helps to sooth any irritations. And the water is just to dilute it a bit. I use this on both my dogs ears and they have never had any problems. I clean their ears daily. I got a little bottle and dropper from Pets at Home, chucked away the preparatory cleaner it contained and then made up the above solution. I squirt it into their ears ( about half a dropper full) massage and then wipe with a wet cotton wool pad and then dry with a clean dry pad. One of each for each ear. Good luck. Hope it helps

·
Registered
7,559 Posts
I'm going to have to try this. Six and half years with no problems and then out of the blue one grimy, waxy build up ear that Rufus is worsening by scratching.:(

·
Registered
4,205 Posts
I'm going to have to try this. Six and half years with no problems and then out of the blue one grimy, waxy build up ear that Rufus is worsening by scratching.:(
I have found it to be a wonderful preparation. Hope Rufus finds it works for him. :)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts