I Love My Cockapoo Forums banner

1 - 20 of 56 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just read a long link on de-matting your Cockapoo. anyone had experience of the Les Poochs brush? Is it really worth the money???

·
Administrator
5,020 Posts
yes yes yes yes i have the mat zapper have had it for almost 5 years, has been so helpfull in dematting my girls. one of the best grooming products i have baught. i use it on one of my cats to who gets baddle matted, it just seems to cut through the mats. i first found them at the kennels i work at as they are used in the grooming room.

·
Registered
2,185 Posts
yes yes yes yes i have the mat zapper have had it for almost 5 years, has been so helpfull in dematting my girls. one of the best grooming products i have baught. i use it on one of my cats to who gets baddle matted, it just seems to cut through the mats. i first found them at the kennels i work at as they are used in the grooming room.
What size and where do I get one from Kendal? Is it different to the 'coat king' that JD Julia is recommending?

·
Administrator
5,020 Posts
les pooches brush, i have the red one the matt zapper, you cna get them just about anyther online

this is the coat king, i have a similer product its ok but i fine scissors farr easier, i know people who had raved about it for years then tried the les pooches and have been converted.

·
Registered
2,185 Posts
The mat zapper looks like a slicker from the picture - is it different to a slicker? And the coat king looks like a dematting comb!

·
Administrator
5,020 Posts
it is and isn't like a slicker, it has the same pins but is flexible and longer getting deeper into the coat. we get some dogs in for grooming with horrendous coats knotties the difference between the slicker and the les pooches.

lol i remember when i used to go to the groomer who was showing me how to clip my girls, i braught it with me one time as the girls coats were in a bad way, she was very impressed and ordered one that week.

·
Banned
1,872 Posts
I've not seen or used a Le Pouches brush before. I'll get one and give it a try and see what the comparison to coat king is. I'm always up for trying new equipment especially if it works.

J xx

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Great, thanks for the info. Will make another purchase :)
How often should I be brushing her - is once a week enough? She hates it, but like JD mentioned I may have to get some hooks and tie her up!

·
Registered
3,615 Posts
I was reading about Les Pooches brushes on another forum and decided I should get one but was is best for using when they are puppies?

Thank you
x

·
Administrator
5,020 Posts
you dont realy need it on puppys but its good to get them used to it.

·
Registered
1,650 Posts
I'm also going to give the Les Pooches brush a try - will probably order a green one for Maisie's soft, fine coat.

The cheapest place to buy, as far as I can see, is on redcape.co.uk

I've also heard that Chris Christensen wood pin brushes are excellent - has anyone tried these?

·
Registered
8,610 Posts
Yeh Sue Ive been reading about those today as well after this thread... Les Pooches also do a detangle product could it challenge Tropiclean x

·
Registered
1,203 Posts
Izzy's coat is getting worse by the day! Have ordered Les Pooches (I would like to hear everyone's pronunciation! - I am going for the French, rather than the guitar - Les Paul) hope it gets here tres vite, life is desperate and Izzy lives in fear of the groomers clippers- we watched her scalp a bichon last year! Xx

·
Registered
64 Posts
Okay now I need this cleared up!! II'll need to get Little Flo used to a brush when she is a puppy (this makes sense) with a little soft brush!! Then I will need to buy..... Les Pooches? What colour? Why? How? When? Aaaaaah! Poor Flo I don't want her to go bald!!! Visiting Flo on Saturday - she is 4 weeks and 4 days old now!!!! Will probably need help uploading millions of photos!!!
PS then there is the question of shampoo!!!!!!!!!!!
Beuty tips needed!
Wendy and Little Flox

·
Registered
1,363 Posts
Redcape doesn't charge for postage, so that makes it very competitive price. Mine should be here any day - can't wait. Spent a long time on Teddy's matts today and found that Kendal's vertical scissor method worked pretty well. I think because my scissors were new and sharp I really didn't need to snip much, just run the blade down through the matt, with just a few snips. Trying anything to get rid of the blighters!

·
Administrator
5,020 Posts
lol dont panic you wont need to worry about matting for atleast 7 months. the longer the coat the more mantanence, it also depends on the coat, Gypsy my eldist has the finest coat and is the most work, were as Inca is alot easiter, Echo is still going thugh phazes and Delta is a hole load or trouble, still got the puppys coat and the adult coat. collars, harness, rain coats rubbing the coat with a towle will all help the mats form. always take a come through the coat after brusheing, people tend to just brush the top of the coat so in smooths out but they are realy just covering the mat, underneeth it is almost like pressed felt thet kids use in art class. it work i was taught to work form the paws up so you have the work the hair in sections. part the hair top you cna brush from rout to tip.

·
Administrator
5,020 Posts
Redcape doesn't charge for postage, so that makes it very competitive price. Mine should be here any day - can't wait. Spent a long time on Teddy's matts today and found that Kendal's vertical scissor method worked pretty well. I think because my scissors were new and sharp I really didn't need to snip much, just run the blade down through the matt, with just a few snips. Trying anything to get rid of the blighters!
you did it perfectly if you didnt need to snip. well done, was Teddy a good boy for you.

1 - 20 of 56 Posts