I Love My Cockapoo Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
2 sleepless nights but worth it.What a fantastic puppy.Anzil have done it again ,what a pleasure the whole process has been.:D
Photos to follow as photobuckets playing up!

·
Registered
2,590 Posts
Yes would love to see pictures, they are well worth it, although sleepless nights surprises me as Izzie only seemed to cry a few times throughout the first night, then after that only when we first put her to bed, but it will get better :D Anzil are brilliant.

·
Registered
230 Posts
I'm jealous too, 12 sleeps until we pick up Gaia. Keep checking to see if we have everything we need. Trying to decide if we put her in her cage on her own first night or take her up with us then gradually move her out, any advice?

·
Registered
853 Posts
I'm jealous too, 12 sleeps until we pick up Gaia. Keep checking to see if we have everything we need. Trying to decide if we put her in her cage on her own first night or take her up with us then gradually move her out, any advice?
From my experience, Nacho was in his crate from the first night which is downstairs. (I have a kind of upside down house with a bathroom, hallway and utility room downstairs (all tiled) so meant I didn't have to shut him in and he could go toilet on his paper). Be prepared for lots of crying for the first week though but I found this to be the best way of him getting used to his home more quickly. At home now, for a bit of piece and quiet he will go downstairs and have a restbite in his cage by himself.

I know others on the site have put their pups in their crate close by (in their bedrooms) and then gradually moved it to where they want the pup to sleep on a permanent basis. So I think it's best to see how Gaia gets on. - It depends on how well you can sleep through a puppy crying and on the individual pup. Good luck :)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts