I Love My Cockapoo Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,363 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well George is coming home on the 25th so couldn't resist buying some lambs liver today to make some dried liver. Am I right in thinking I microwave it first then put it in the oven? If so for how long micro and then oven and how long does it keep for, ooooh so excited:D:D:D

·
Registered
1,758 Posts
There's no set rules. I micro first because then you can cut it into tiny pieces easily. Once its dry its hard to break up. I micro for a few mins until its just cooked , then cut up, then bake for about 30 mins or until its dried out and crisp. If its thoroughly dried it should keep in the fridge for weeks but if its not quite dried through you can freeze some and defrost a bit at a time. You only need to give tiny pieces as training treats - I cut into maybe 5mm chunks.

·
Registered
8,257 Posts
You are so organised Jayne, good for you, he is going to be so chuffed he is your puppy .... only 10 days til GG comes home ...

I hope I find perfect puppy parents like you if I have a litter .. You are just like me with being organised ... I was set up ready as soon as I know were getting Oakley.

·
Registered
1,363 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
You are so organised Jayne, good for you, he is going to be so chuffed he is your puppy .... only 10 days til GG comes home ...

I hope I find perfect puppy parents like you if I have a litter .. You are just like me with being organised ... I was set up ready as soon as I know were getting Oakley.
Aw thanks JoJo. Am ordering Natural instinct next week, but won't swop him onto it until a week of so to let him settle. Been 3 years since we had a dog and 15 years since we had a pup! So very excited , think we have got everything for him. Registered him with our weeks, got him booked in with a puppy minder when we go away for a weekend in Oct, taking him to Burghley in Aug, roll on a week on Monday:D

1 - 5 of 5 Posts