I Love My Cockapoo Forums banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

· Registered
413 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm wondering if any of Archie's brothers/sisters are on here? He was born June 19th this year and came from a hobby breeder in Taunton. There was a litter of 10 :eek: the mum is an Apricot show cocker.

I am keeping my fingers crossed :D

x

· Registered
343 Posts
I'm wondering if any of Archie's brothers/sisters are on here? He was born June 19th this year and came from a hobby breeder in Taunton. There was a litter of 10 :eek: the mum is an Apricot show cocker.

I am keeping my fingers crossed :D

x
We got Polly from Taunton and she was born either 19th or 26th June (different dates written in different places!) Dad an apricot min poodle and mum an orange roan cocker - was described as a show one in the online ad, but having seen her she was far too leggy and big. Polly was, I think, the smallest of the litter, but she has made up for it since!

· Registered
413 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
We got Polly from Taunton and she was born either 19th or 26th June (different dates written in different places!) Dad an apricot min poodle and mum an orange roan cocker - was described as a show one in the online ad, but having seen her she was far too leggy and big. Polly was, I think, the smallest of the litter, but she has made up for it since!
Ooooh how exciting, the couple we got Archie from were called Rich and Mel, with (I think) 2 young children ... would that fit in with you as well?

:)

· Registered
343 Posts
If their surname was Anderson we have siblings!!! Yes, they had, I think, two daughters. They had only been expecting six puppies so came as a shock when they kept coming. I had the last one, which someone else had booked but changed their mind. Saw her pic online on bank holiday Monday morning, brought her home that afternoon! Had seen photos of other pups nearer to me, but the one of her was it!! Actually when I saw the mum I wasn't particularly keen on her! But by then I had fallen hook, line and sinker for Polly (I changed her name to that). I actually preferrered her to the one they were keeping! She was so small, but is now quite tall, although still slim. She looked so dainty and sweet when young! But is now a delightful hairy mutt in need of a trim!!!

· Registered
343 Posts
Just weighed Polly and she's 8kg. Measuring her height is a different matter! I think she's about 15 or 16 inches, but how do you tell with a perpetual motion puppy?!! Quite leggy but slim. Would love to see the girl puppies at 5 weeks old!

· Registered
2,590 Posts
Try to stand some tins next to her & get a rough idea of where she comes up to & then measure with a tape measure if you can? That might be easier than just using a tape measure, good luck haha. I would also like to see some puppy pictures :D I had a look a Polly, she does look quite tall! Well taller than my Izzie anyway but 15-16" is about average I think :) x

· Registered
413 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Just weighed Polly and she's 8kg. Measuring her height is a different matter! I think she's about 15 or 16 inches, but how do you tell with a perpetual motion puppy?!! Quite leggy but slim. Would love to see the girl puppies at 5 weeks old!
Archie was weighed just after Christmas and was 9.5kg :eek: not sure if that's big or not, he's a fairly chunky build - leggy also? I havne't got round to measuring him yet though ... well attempt to do this later this afternoon with the tin can method ;)

Here are some photo's of the puppies, 1 specifically is all the girls (the one of 4 white ones being held together) the rest are of Archie and his siblings ... hope you can dpot your little Polly in there :D

Attachments

· Registered
343 Posts
Polly is one of two in the first shot. Has apricot on both ears and over eyes, although it has faded so much. Still trying to decide which she is in the rest! She is in disgrace at present. Will upload photo to gallery to show why! Finally measured her properly and she is 15in and 8kg, but then she was small to start with so would expect her to be smaller than her brother!

· Registered
413 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Polly is one of two in the first shot. Has apricot on both ears and over eyes, although it has faded so much. Still trying to decide which she is in the rest! She is in disgrace at present. Will upload photo to gallery to show why! Finally measured her properly and she is 15in and 8kg, but then she was small to start with so would expect her to be smaller than her brother!
Excellent! These are the only puppy pictures I have with all of them on, the rest are just Archie :)

I think Archie is a little piglet sometimes, he loves his food and pigs ears :D

Looking forward to seeing Polly in disgrace :D

· Registered
413 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Shame there don't seem to be any others from the litter on here. Wonder where they all are! I know the breeders kept one sister.
It would be great to find more siblings! We picked Archie up from them at Gordano services. They had 3 more that were being picked up at the same time - 1 I think went to some people in London (or that way?)

They told us then they were keeping one of the girls, they had wanted to keep Archie before anyone came to see the puppies so we were lucky to get 1st pick :D

· Registered
343 Posts
Did you see the pic of Polly in disgrace in the gallery? It's at http://ilovemycockapoo.com/photoplog/index.php?n=709[/url] if you didn't. Today she went in our own pond and got filthy! Does Archie love mud and water? He looks lovely.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.