I Love My Cockapoo Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, I'm new to this forum, so thought I'd say hello!

I don't have a Cockapoo yet but by step-daughter has a black one called Monty - he's full of life and a real character!

I am currently looking for a puppy but haven't found any to look at yet.

Can I ask if anyone knows of any breeders or anyone with litters at the moment? I live in West Sussex.

Thanks hopefully!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hi, thanks for your welcome!

I'm very open as to size, *** and colour. I think personality would be the thing I'd be looking for.

First and foremost I'd like a dog to be part of the family - we live in a semi-rural area and have fantastic countryside all around us and we enjoy an outdoor lifestyle. Our children are all grown up, so its just my husband and myself at home.

We've thought about bringing a dog into the family for quite a while and have just decided to actively look for one. As I said in my first post, we already have a Cockapoo in the extended family and he fits the bill in every way - so thaat's why we'd like the same breed. Both my husband and I have had dogs in the past.

I would like a dog who could accompany me at work (I run a livery yard) and perhaps come out with me on short rides.

Any help and/or advice would be gratefully received so that we can find our ideal friend!

·
Registered
2,132 Posts
Hi there!

Welcome to the forum :welcome:

It’s always nice when people from Sussex join. I grew up in a village called Friston in East Sussex!

My name is Turi – I have a 16 week old female Cockapoo called Saffi. Her mum was a black and white English Cocker Spaniel from working lines and her dad was an apricot Miniature Poodle. We got her from a breeder called Broadreach Dogs in Cambridge and we’ve been delighted with how she has turned out – she’s intelligent, biddable, affectionate, playful, energetic and just so sweet. You can read more about her, and the different Cockapoo types on my blog.

When you decide on a breeder please do ensure they do the relevant health testing - as a bare minimum the sire should be PRA tested clear and preferably hip scored. People who tell you that hybrid vigour will elimiate hereditary ailments are talking nonsense!

Best of luck with your search – you won’t regret getting a Cockapoo!

·
Registered
502 Posts
Hi Oriel,
We are also in west Sussex and have been looking for a cockapoo for a few months now.The people on here are so lovely and really really helpful.I am in contact with Julia at Jukee Doodles, Anne at Broadreach dogs and Ian and Clare smith who are in Margate.his email address is [email protected]
X Clare

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.