I Love My Cockapoo Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone,

I understand the importance of research and finding a good dog breeder. Unfortunately, with the times we are in, a breeder is out of the question for us.

I found a gentleman in Harriston, Minto Ontario who advertises cockapoos. His name is Lorne Bowman. Has anyone experienced getting a puppy from him?

I have found that he requested new zoning for a dog kennel from the township of Minto a few years ago that got approved but that's all I can find.

Any feedback or knowledge is appreciated!

Carolina

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi Carolina:

I am in similar situation as you. Do not want to wait for a breeder for 12 months.

I have done a lot of research and came across Lorne as well.

I think he breeds cockapoo and bichonpoo. The dad for the different litters I checked is the same 7 year old poodle.

Camila, did you get a Cockapoo from him?

Have you contacted many breeders or sellers and why did u choose lorne? I have talked to a number if breeders/ sellers before contacting lorne now. Before now, I have always find enough concerns and decided not to buy from the other ones. I am just doing my due diligence now with lorne.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hi Carolina:

I am in similar situation as you. Do not want to wait for a breeder for 12 months.

I think he breeds cockapoo and bichonpoo. The dad for the different litters I checked is the same 7 year old poodle.

Have you contacted many breeders or sellers and why did u choose lorne? I have talked to a number if breeders/ sellers before contacting lorne now. Before now, I have always find enough concerns and decided not to buy from the other ones. I am just doing my due diligence now with lorne.
Hi Carolina:

Hi there,

I originally replied to this a while back but apparently it didn't post, so my apologies, you were not ignored!

I have contacted many 'breeders.' I use that term loosely because I have contacted more reputable breeding places like Dogs in the Country out of Hamilton-rural area and then the breeders like Lorne who I have found through various ads.
I have spoken to Lorne several times via phone and text message. He is always receptive to my questions and answers them. I have gone ahead and paid a waitlist fee for a male cockapoo in his next litter. This litter isn't expected until the end of the summer. I have come across people who just refuse to answer my questions and ignore me. Lorne isn't one of those people. I'm just trying to make a good and ethical decision because 2023-2024 is just too far away for me.

That being said my next steps will be to visit Lorne when the litter is born. I'd like to see first hand his kennel (to the extent that Covid restrictions will allow) and meet him in person.

My biggest concern is whether or not he will provide health records for his dam (mother dog) as I believe the sire (father dog) is not on site; which is normal. The health records of the breeding pair is actually what will give you a better picture/understanding if your puppy will be healthy.

Camilla connected with me and she is picking up her pup soon however, it is not my place to speak of her experiences/thoughts.

We shall see and I'm happy to update later on when I know more.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Hi!

Thanks for connecting with me on here.
I've had many pleasant conversations with Lorne. Granted that doesn't really mean anything because at the end of the day, it's his business.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hi Carolina:

Hi, yes, I did.
I talked to a lot of breeders and ended up buying with him.
Regards
Camila

1 - 12 of 12 Posts