I Love My Cockapoo Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
3,045 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I can't believe how much mud my two seem to bring into the house as well as twigs, leaves, fircones, sticks etc. I know having two I should expect this but how do people cope with all the mud on their floors and carpets? Any magic solutions? Has anyone tried a steam mop? I can't wait for the summer as I am constantly hoovering and cleaning!

·
Registered
4,586 Posts
Ah it is a pain, the only solution I have come up with is a short coated cockapoo and feet wiping at the back door when coming in, oh as well as a stair gate at my kitchen door to restrict them to the tiled kitchen if they are a bit muddy!
Other than that a spray of vanish and a vacuum gets the worst out :)

·
Registered
65 Posts
I have a karcher steam mop. I only use it on tile floors but it is really great for removing the mud very quickly and doesn't smear and dries quickly Apart from that we try to dry feet and restrict to utility room until he dries off but we still get fine dry mud everywhere. I have to clean every day now!

I have seen the paw plunger also. Looks good but not sure Alfie will stay still long enough. Might have to wait until we get past the puppy wriggle stage!!

·
Registered
1,269 Posts
Short coat is partly the answer. I would love to have Hattie long but I am not into daily brushing so when she has been in the fields she gets a towel off and if feet muddy they get a plunge in a liquitabs container and quick towel. Works for me.

·
Registered
897 Posts
Derek DIY'd me a tap connection onto my mixer tap so I can stick a bit of hose with a spray head on it and we wash the worst off outside then either dry her off or wrap her in a towel and leg it up to the bathroom xx

·
Registered
1,655 Posts
I can certainly sympathise Tess. I took the dogs for a walk in the woods before work this morning .... quite muddy so cleaned of their paws in the porch with a towel before coming in. As soon as we were in my son called them into the back garden to chase crows away.

Well, the grass was wet, so ..... 2 minutes later they came back into the kitchen dashing around on cream floor tiles with black muddy feet!!!! :eek: it's a losing battle!

·
Registered
3,583 Posts
As soon as I come back from a walk, I take Millie straight upstairs to the bath. She gets at least her paws and under carriage washed with just water. The dry her off. I think my main motive for doing this is I know she will jump on my bed and any muddy paws will show up.

I'm getting quite quick at doing this, but have had to make my appointments diary start a bit later in the day to give me a sporting chance to get Millie clean.

If she rolls in fox poo, then she gets shampooed. This weeks she's been shampooed twice !

·
Registered
4,586 Posts
As soon as I come back from a walk, I take Millie straight upstairs to the bath. She gets at least her paws and under carriage washed with just water. The dry her off. I think my main motive for doing this is I know she will jump on my bed and any muddy paws will show up.

I'm getting quite quick at doing this, but have had to make my appointments diary start a bit later in the day to give me a sporting chance to get Millie clean.

If she rolls in fox poo, then she gets shampooed. This weeks she's been shampooed twice !

I heard of Millie's and Obi's fox poo rolling, lucky for me no fox poo yesterday, Weller just decided to eat a belly full oh horse poo and give himself a horse poo body wrap!! :eek:

·
Registered
435 Posts
Dexter loves horse poo! It's much easier to keep him clean since he had a hair cut. I do like the idea of a bowl of water to just clean the paws. I have doggy wipes and luckily,Dexter also enjoys being washed and dried off!

·
Registered
2,870 Posts
A friend has just had an outside shower head connected to her outside tap, complete with hot water! - at a cost of £120. However, I think I'll try the idea of connecting a shower hose to the kitchen tap and being able to get it out of the window. Other than that, paw dunks in the kitchen sink and towels by the back door!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.