I Love My Cockapoo Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The boys and I are so excited! Tomorrow afternoon, June 29th, we will be picking up Lucy from the breeder. I'm excited and nervous at the same time. She is 8 weeks old so I know there will be a lot of work to do. So far I have a crate & lner, puppy pads, Poochie Bells, Iams Smart puppy food, chew toys, collar, and leach. Any tips you can share for a newbie puppy owner? :eek:

·
Registered
6,922 Posts
So happy for you!! It is an exciting time. Just remember it can be hard at times. Lots of people get puppy blues. She is just a baby and she will grow fast and catch on fast. Be patient with her and yourself. :)
Get lots of sleep tonight just in case :)

·
Registered
1,552 Posts
The biggest tip I would give is to RELAX and enjoy it, it can be so easy to highlight all the things that don't go quite right, and you end up thinking you are doing something wrong. One thing this forum taught me there is no wrong or right, each relationship between puppy and family is individual. Some puppys will pick up training straight away while others do it in thier own time. As you have already found out I am sure this forum is great if you have any questions. Lucy is a very lucky pup already having a family so excited to welcome her. Good luck and congatulations, can't wait to hear how you get on and see some pics :):)

·
Registered
478 Posts
I totally agree with arlo, the most important thing is to relax...and enjoy. The first couple of days seem really intense and the puppy takes over everything even going to the toilet is a mission!! However, if you relax and spend the first weeks bonding with your puppy everything seems to come together in the way that suits you. I can't believe I am doing it again in 2 weeks hopefully this time I will take my advice and relax more. Congratulations and enjoy beautiful little Lucy :) x

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
You all are so sweet! Thank you for the helpful tips!! Thankfully we don't have much scheduled this week so we are home most of the time. I'm finding the experience to be similar to when my 3 boys were little, but this experience is a little easier since I have all 3 of them to help. ;) Instead of retyping our first day here is a link to my blog post with some pics.

I scheduled her first Vet appointment too! That ought to be interesting!:eek:

·
Registered
8,610 Posts
All the posts made me smile warmly ..... We need to remember to cherish those little ones :D
Oh Sherry I can't see your link xx

·
Registered
6,371 Posts
I hope you didn't forget lots of toys to chew on:D How exciting. It will be crazy at first but it will get better just be patient and take some "you" time when the puppy is asleep! :)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts