I Love My Cockapoo Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My Suzi is only 6 years old. She has Luxating Patella as many cockapoos do. She has been fine until three weeks ago when she started limping and then holing up first her right leg and then her left. I took her to the vet and she needs surgery on the right like yesterday and the left soon after. Of course they can get her scheduled until May 4th. Since last week she has been on pain meds and anti-inflamitories. She is getting worse fast, she will no longer eat much and doesn't want water. Today she stopped walking altogether. She just lays on me and won't let me go. We have a new drug coming this afternoon. All she does is cry. When is enough enough. They say even if the surgery works she will always be in pain because the arthritis is so bad already. I personally have crippling arthritis and some days wish it could just stop the pain. Now I see the same in her. What do I do..

·
Registered
4,239 Posts
I would take her back to the vets as not eating and drinking sounds more like maybe a reaction to the pain medication.

My girl has had issues with her knees since she was 2, we have worked hard with physios and acupuncture for years to keep her fit and well muscled to help and she did really well until needing surgery around 4 years ago, surgery went really well although she has had pain in that knee for the last couple of years and takes pain medication for that. We still work hard with the physio and she has a monthly acupuncture and hydrotherapy session to make sure we stay on top of things. She is now 11 and mostly fit well and loving life. She can do an hours walk with no issue.

Let us know how your girl gets on.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts