I Love My Cockapoo Forums banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi. I am new to this site and am so excited to be able to speak to people who are as mad about cockapoos as me! cant believe how looking into the eyes of one small dog has made me research everything i can about the breed. cant sing the praises of these dogs enough. i love them!!!:)

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
my girl is called poppy and she is a fab apricot colour with a lovely brown nose! she has the most amazing temprament and everyone she meets falls in love with her. we are also keeping one of our pups called bonnie and she is red with a white muzzle, four white paws and a white tip to the end of her tail. i am not sure if any of this white will go tho as she grows bigger so if anyone knows the answer to that i would love to hear from you. i also own a cairnoodle, which is a mixture of a cairn and poodle called scooby.

·
Registered
25 Posts
hi jo jo
have been on your site many times, have loved looking at all the before and after photos of pups when they change to adults.not sure how to post photos..have only just worked out how to use the laptop recently:eek: i currently have 6 cockapoos, mum is f1 and 5 babies f2. will be keeping 1 of these babies and 1 will be leaving me for jan at jandaz when they are able to. as much as i would love to keep the rest, as i have fallen in love with them all. :(

·
Registered
8,257 Posts
hi jo jo
have been on your site many times, have loved looking at all the before and after photos of pups when they change to adults.not sure how to post photos..have only just worked out how to use the laptop recently:eek: i currently have 6 cockapoos, mum and 5 babies. will be keeping 1 of these babies and 1 will be leaving me for jan at jandaz when they are able to. as much as i would love to keep the rest, as i have fallen in love with them all, i will be looking for forever homes for the rest.:(
Thank you for your kind words about My Dogs Life :) and I am pleased you have been enjoying it ...

Many of us use photobucket to upload pics then copy the IMG code into our posts on here .. I am not that techy so many have got the IMG code wrong lol

Bonnie's coat sound like the white will remain clear due to its placing but it will blend in beautifully with her red colouring :)

How old are the pups? is this your first litter? would love to hear about your experience.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
hi JoJo

am so pleased that the white may remain, she really is stunning to look at. the pups are currently 6 weeks old and are all red with most having some white markings tho bonnie has the most, they range from really curly boy to wavy girls and one flatter coated girl. poppy has been an amazing mum, she whelped beautifully and has been great at feeding and cleaning up her little brood. she originally had 6 pups, but one died after 16 days of myself and my husband feeding him every hour and a half as he was so small. bonnie is the spitting image of him, i think this is why i want to keep her soooo much. the others are beautifully healthy and eating up a storm!

yes this is my first litter under the supervision of jan at jandaz

·
Registered
8,257 Posts
Lovely to hear your experience, thank you for sharing it, your, sorry I mean Poppy's puppies sound wonderful, always love hearing about coat type, you had them all, the more poodle curls and the flatter cocker type coat, as you already know this is possible. Bonnie sounds gorgeous, look forward to seeing Poppy & Bonnie pics xxx

What a lovely first litter :) well done ... great you had Jan on hand for advice :)

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I know have had the full spectrum of coats, but all delicious! do you know whether the flatter coated girl will shed much, she really is very pretty, but have only had knowledge of my dogs coat which has been curly and needs quite abit of grooming. have had a few disasters in that department but that is another story :-/ have researched this on the net and most answers say that it should be minimal, but was just checking. adopted poppy from jan and she has been great with all my questions regarding breeding etc, poppy was bred with her stud dog bruno who is also gorgeous. will get my 11 year old on the case to post some pics!

·
Registered
606 Posts
my girl is called poppy and she is a fab apricot colour with a lovely brown nose! she has the most amazing temprament and everyone she meets falls in love with her. we are also keeping one of our pups called bonnie and she is red with a white muzzle, four white paws and a white tip to the end of her tail. i am not sure if any of this white will go tho as she grows bigger so if anyone knows the answer to that i would love to hear from you. i also own a cairnoodle, which is a mixture of a cairn and poodle called scooby.
Am no expert about the white BUT from the experience of my 2 dogs, Scamp kept his white where the skin underneath is pink, Rascal lost most of his and the skin underneath is dark !

·
Registered
8,257 Posts
The straighter coats may shed as this coat favours the Cocker Spaniel in the mix, but she is still a cockapoo, but it is always good to make new owners aware of this. Her coat may develop and have a loose wave as an adult which may not moult and can look very attractive .. well I would say that I love all cockapoo coats :) but the tighter the curl the less likely of shedding so it seems :) sure their is exceptions, we are talking cockapoos here :) :)

·
Registered
8,257 Posts
Am no expert about the white BUT from the experience of my 2 dogs, Scamp kept his white where the skin underneath is pink, Rascal lost most of his and the skin underneath is dark !
Good point Frances, it will depend on how much white and where it is placed, as subtle white splashes in a puppy's coat can be lost in the curls when older :) :)

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
have just checked bonnie and the skin under the white on her chest is pink! how odd!!! yeah thought there may be a little sheddiing and i have informed the prospective new parents of this, but they love her, so it didnt seem to matter. i just havent seen a flatter coated cocokapoo so i wasent sure how the coat would develop over time. thanks for all your advice tho. xx

·
Registered
2,123 Posts
Hi Mandye welcome to the forum.Firstly may i just say what a wonderful name you have( hehe).Would love to see pics of your dog,is she an american or english? I have f2 litters and from the experience the flat coated pups moult just like a cocker xxx

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 · (Edited)
hi. yes fab name lol. she is an american cockapoo adopted from jan at jandaz. absolutely gorgeous, such a fab looking girl and a wonderful personality. have been trying to look at flat coated cockapoo on the internet but cant find many, want to give as much advice to the prospective new owners as i can. there is obviously no sign of moulting yet, and i did advise them that i couldnt predict the coat with regards to moulting. they were shown both types of coat but prefered the flatter of the two, not sure if that was because of the grooming issue. any other advice you can give me would be appreciated. this is my first litter and have only delt with my rather curly cockapoo before now! thanks againx

oohhh wow beautiful pictures, hope bonnie turns out this gorgeous :) xxx

1 - 20 of 28 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.