I Love My Cockapoo Forums banner
1 - 20 of 184 Posts

·
Registered
1,758 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Are you located in Essex, London, Herts, Beds, Bucks, Surrey, Middlesex, Cambs, M25, M1, M40, M4 areas???.

Come and put faces to all the names you chat to every day on the forum, and meet all the cockapoos you are reading about.

Mandy (Embee) and I are organising a Cockapoo Party for anyone within reach of Rickmansworth Aquadrome, Hertfordshire WD3 1RL. Look it up on the RAC or AA route planner, and see if you can get there.
The date is Sunday 19th June and we are planning walks and a picnic. (Should be interesting to picnic with a horde of cockapoos :rolleyes:) .There are walking trails and rivers and lakes for those of us who's pooches like a dip. All family members welcome. Please register your interest on this thread and PLEASE try to come. We would love a huge throng of cockapoos there - it will be amazing to see everyone.
Also, if anyone has been to the aquadrome, please let me know, as we haven't been there before - we just picked it out as a good central location and nice venue.

·
Registered
170 Posts
Oh no - gutted. No puppy and a bit to far!! Maybe we need a south west meeting in the summer if I haven't had a nervous break down training a puppy.....lol

·
Registered
1,231 Posts
We'll definately be there! We have been to the aquadrome before (only twice though). Beware of the agressive swans and geese! Otherwise it's great. There is a nice kids play area and a coffee shop if I remember. I know my daughter will be in heaven meeting all your cockapoos!

·
Registered
1,758 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Well guys, if Jukee Doodles can travel 120 miles from Lincolnshire, then I'm sure lots more of you are within reach. If you have friends/family with cockapoos then be sure to invite them, but it would be great if possible if they could join the forum and introduce themselves first - makes it more fun to meet in the flesh.

·
Administrator
5,020 Posts
remeber my rule not cockapoo meets alowed unless lots of photos and vidios are taken and posted. lol

hope it goes well, i have actualy just hered their is a animal show being orginised in the essex aria for august it is being orginised by another forum and is wanting as many cockapoos as possible to show up, im am just wiating for all the detales before i post more about it.

have fun guys, its just a bit far for me sorry.

remember lots and lots of photos lol

·
Registered
9,916 Posts
Hey guys! oh that sounds like a blast!!!! if there just wasn't that pesky ocean I would be on my way!!!

·
Registered
1,203 Posts
I am sobbing into my tea as I type - it is a bit too far. Now if Lady Amanda said she would come over, we would all just have to find a way! xx

·
Registered
1,123 Posts
Ahhhhhh, I just googled it and it is only an hour and a half away from us (as long as the motorways behave) but then I checked my diary and it's Father's Day! My husband gets to choose what to do on Father's Day! I'll make the suggestion, but I'm not holding out too much hope.......

·
Registered
1,758 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Ahhhhhh, I just googled it and it is only an hour and a half away from us (as long as the motorways behave) but then I checked my diary and it's Father's Day! My husband gets to choose what to do on Father's Day! I'll make the suggestion, but I'm not holding out too much hope.......
We'll be finished mid-afternoon I would think, so you can try bribing him with a nice meal out in the evening???

·
Registered
8,610 Posts
I thought that earlier that it was Fathers day the last one was mothers day lol.... I have nt ruled it out it would take me 3 1/2 ... thats not such a problem its the traffic jams and road works that would put me off that you cant guarantee thats all it would be.... my sisters in Northampton , Louise i could always stay over and go from there on the Sunday ... but dont know if she'd be upto 2 dogs having a sleep over .. will see if... if Amanda can get herself shipped over in time then I'll make the effort x

·
Registered
2,185 Posts
Just tell him a big Fathers Day picnic - don't mention the dogs then it will be a nice surprise when he gets there :)

·
Registered
3,044 Posts
What a great idea- I would have come with my daughter but I dont think my Dexter won't be old enough to be allowed out sadly. I will make the next one though.

·
Registered
9,916 Posts
Thanks guys! I would love to make it! I am just not sure that with Canada post the way that it is that I would get there in time. I will have to look into into the shipping process.
I will be there in spirit!

·
Registered
1,758 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
What a great idea- I would have come with my daughter but I dont think my Dexter won't be old enough to be allowed out sadly. I will make the next one though.
That's a shame. I hope that some people with young pups can come - it would be fun to see some little ones.

·
Registered
8,610 Posts
Not too many though Helen or else everyone will be broody ... and with all these apricot babies around you'd have to keep your eye on Mandy to stop one going home in the wrong car !!!! lol x

1 - 20 of 184 Posts