I Love My Cockapoo Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

· Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, is this unusual or not, I would love to hear some other stories about your ****-a-poo and TV. Mc lovin barks at all animals he sees on TV and I mean all. He jumps up and down and gets tremendously excited, he even barks at the Geico Lizard!! Not only that, the other day I was watching a movie and it was a scene next to the road with a police officer giving a ticket to a motorist. Mc lovin started barking and I was telling Mc Lovin stop barking there are no "Pup Pups" on tv...thats our code word. But he kept barking and as I looked closer there was a sign on the side of the road..it was pretty small and had the silohuette of a Moose and it said Moose crossing. That was weird but the weirdest thing is that he remembers music that he knows will lead to a Pup Pup sighting on TV. I have literally seen him snoozing in the hall and as soon as he hears the music he runs to the TV and starts barking because he knows that the Pup Pup is coming, of course it usually is a commercial that plays quite frequently. There are now shows that we can not watch anymore simply because there is too much Pup Pup footage inherent in the show. His favorite show is the Dog Whisperer. Is this normal, I don't know any other dogs that do this. BTW, I swear he watches TV when he lays down on the sofa....yes he is spoiled and a very unusual dog.

· Registered
3,773 Posts
Daisy only ever reacts if there is barking on the tv and even then because the tv is near the window she thinks it is coming from outside! She rushes up to the window and starts looking for the barking dog! :rolleyes:

· Registered
2,590 Posts
My Izzie is the same as Daisy, doesn't generally take any notice of the tv except when a dog barks! Then she decides it must be coming from outside & either stands where she is & barks back or runs to the window & barks :) It's funny!

Poppy on the other hand does show more interest in tv sometimes, she doesn't bark at it or anything, we just sometimes catch her watching it which is hilarious lol :)

· Registered
84 Posts
my westie use to come charging through the house when he heard the music to Coronation st then would sit and wait for the cat on the roof to appear then he would pounce! had to get a new tv in the end he had so many scratches on it

· Registered
515 Posts
Zak my collie loved to watch tv. He barked at dogs on it and at first I thought it was because he heard them but then I realised the andrex puppy got the same treatment and it doesnt make a noise!

He even liked watching cartoon with dogs in them.

The two collies were so different. Itsy would lie on the windowsill watching the world go by and Zak would lie on the couch watching tv.

· Registered
390 Posts
Maggie loves tv. Kids programmes are her fave think it's all the funny noises they make plus she loves kids. Her latest tv related quirk is going stopping whatever she is doing and running to the tv when a bell rings on it, she has especially reacted to the countdown advert. It's amazing how many bells there are on tv! I think the bell thing started when she went to my friends for the day and she has a doorbell that sounds just like the countdown buzzer! Emma x

· Registered
744 Posts
Apparently the speed that animals/cars/sports are filmed allows animals to see it more clearly on t.v than filming people etc.... not sure if this is tru but all of my dogs will watch animal programmes, football and topgear but nothing else really :confused::)

· Registered
1,124 Posts
I LOVE McLovin's name.

This may not mean much to non-UK people, but One Man and his Dog was on the telly a few weeks ago and Rosie sat bolt upright and watched it. There was no barking, but maybe it was the sheep running about that got her attention. It made me laugh anyway!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.