I Love My Cockapoo Forums banner
1 - 20 of 54 Posts

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We are so very excited as only 8 days to go until we collect our little 'Hope' from sylvia over at Sylml... :D

I would like to say (as many other people have on here) how much this forum has helped us to find our perfect pup for us and prepare us for the madness ahead! :eek: So many threads have helped us with information to help us make a well informed decision... It is such a lovely forum with so many friendly and helpful people so thank you! No doubt I will be on here asking for help and advice many times once she is home!!

She is going to be very well loved by me, hubby and our four children and we are hoping she will be very special and a big help towards our three year old boy who was diagnosed type 1 diabetic back in Sept last year... He struggles a lot with his levels and has many uncontrolable hypo's so we are hoping she will eventually be another pair of eyes looking for his symptoms (of which he rarely shows any) but even if she doesnt pick up on his hypo's we hope she will be a calming influence/distraction for him...

I have enclosed some of the photos from Sylvia so far... Can't wait to hold her again next week (eeeekk)

2 weeks old and my first hold/cuddle

Around 4 weeks

Just over 5 weeks

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
She looks beautiful!!! what a change from week 4 to week 5! Congratulations...grab some sleep now, they sure can tucker you out....I am excited to watch her grow!
Thank you... I am used to being sleep deprived due to the kids anyway (sleep is over-rated anyhoo :D). She was only just 4 weeks on the second photos, but then nearer 6 weeks on the last two... But must admit I was shocked at how much she has grown... I dont want any more photos now, so it will be a nice suprise when I pick her up next week!!

Ooo keep going giddy everytime I let myself think about it!! Got all the crate etc setbup already to ensure the kiddies get used to it being there and learn its a no go area before Hope arrives!

Thank you everyone for your lovely comments xx :)

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Awww gorgeous pictures :D I love the name :) Hope she can help out with your son, sorry to hear about that. Hope time doesn't drag to much for you! :D x
Thank you... It has been a hard few months but we are all upbeat about it and thinking towards the future... Like a lot of you on here I have already started drooling over the red's and I also love the Roans... Kids are working on daddy to see if he will agree to them each having a cockapoo :eek:

This last week has flown by as we are manically trying to finish the back garden, we were in the middle of landscaping it when I found Sylvia... Then the litter was born on my birthday, so if that isnt fate I dont know what is!! So poor hubby has been out in the rain for the last week laying patio slabs :eek: luckily he is as excited as me about Hope!

·
Registered
2,590 Posts
Thank you... It has been a hard few months but we are all upbeat about it and thinking towards the future... Like a lot of you on here I have already started drooling over the red's and I also love the Roans... Kids are working on daddy to see if he will agree to them each having a cockapoo :eek:

This last week has flown by as we are manically trying to finish the back garden, we were in the middle of landscaping it when I found Sylvia... Then the litter was born on my birthday, so if that isnt fate I dont know what is!! So poor hubby has been out in the rain for the last week laying patio slabs :eek: luckily he is as excited as me about Hope!
A cockapoo each! Cheeky ;) Maybe after the first one has settled for a while another can come home & then the kids can fight over which will be theres haha. How old are they? & yeah must be fate if it was born on your birthday!

·
Registered
573 Posts
Hope is really lovely - I have a sylml puppy and have loved every minute so far. Don't want to get you too optimistic but Treacle never cried at night - and has never chewed furniture and is a dream come true!
Enjoy every minute and no doubt your children will become her best friends and litter mates!

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
A cockapoo each! Cheeky ;) Maybe after the first one has settled for a while another can come home & then the kids can fight over which will be theres haha. How old are they? & yeah must be fate if it was born on your birthday!
I can truly see them becoming addictive though as they are all so beautiful and seem real characters! to stop any fighting or sulking it has been made very clear Hope is my pup!! Really looking forwards to the training and walking on my own with her to be honest, time out for me!! I am a very lucky stay at home mum and hubby only works three days then off for six, so despite having four kids I still have lots of time!! (well when I make time instead of playing with the kids, big kid myself!)..

I have a ten year old James and seven year old Owen in school, then a three year old Ben who started nursery october.. Then my two year old Tilly who will start nursery June/july this year... It was when Ben started nursery it hit me how quiet the house was, so made my mind up we also needed a dog to keep me company whilst the rabble are at school/playgroup! We are certainly a lively and active family, but are blessed with four well behaved and gentle children so feel Hope should fit in perfectly! :)

·
Registered
3,615 Posts
:D:D:D:D:D:D..... The problem is the insomnia at bed time as I want to make sure we are as prepared as possible, so my head starts wizzing... Then the excited feeling sets off... Just like a kid on xmas eve hehe
It wont seem real until you are driving home with Hope! The you will be :eek: 'We have a puppy' :D :D It is a lovely feeling to be going home with your puppy! Enjoy every moment of it. xx

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Hope is really lovely - I have a sylml puppy and have loved every minute so far. Don't want to get you too optimistic but Treacle never cried at night - and has never chewed furniture and is a dream come true!
Enjoy every minute and no doubt your children will become her best friends and litter mates!
Treacle is gorgeous!! I must admit when I was looking at getting a pup from Sylvia treacle, george (i think I am right in saying he gorgeous George is from sylml?) and of course Kendals group were a few of sylml's on here that caught my eye! I am going into this though with eyes wide open, expecting the worst, so if she is a little monster I am prepared, but if not then a nice suprise..
Thank you :)

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
It wont seem real until you are driving home with Hope! The you will be :eek: 'We have a puppy' :D :D It is a lovely feeling to be going home with your puppy! Enjoy every moment of it. xx
I truly feel like a kid :D bit nervous about pickup day as figured it best for me to go alone rather than putting the toddlers through a four hour round trip!! That would just be far too stressful for everyone involved :eek: so I will have a soft crate on the passenger seat whereby she can see me clearly, am a bit worried about Hope getting more upset/scared by not being held?!?

·
Registered
2,590 Posts
I can truly see them becoming addictive though as they are all so beautiful and seem real characters! to stop any fighting or sulking it has been made very clear Hope is my pup!! Really looking forwards to the training and walking on my own with her to be honest, time out for me!! I am a very lucky stay at home mum and hubby only works three days then off for six, so despite having four kids I still have lots of time!! (well when I make time instead of playing with the kids, big kid myself!)..

I have a ten year old James and seven year old Owen in school, then a three year old Ben who started nursery october.. Then my two year old Tilly who will start nursery June/july this year... It was when Ben started nursery it hit me how quiet the house was, so made my mind up we also needed a dog to keep me company whilst the rabble are at school/playgroup! We are certainly a lively and active family, but are blessed with four well behaved and gentle children so feel Hope should fit in perfectly! :)
Oh yes cockapoos are very addictive! We have two now :) & me & my sister know that when we have dogs in the future (after leaving mum & dads house!) that we want cockapoos :D & even my sisters boyfriend who has a GSD at his house said that he wants a cockapoo when he's older! :) So they are very addictive yes :)

& yes it's good that you've made it clear as yours, because 4 children would mean 4 cockapoos! As much as i'd love that, it ay not be so easy with 4 kids & 4 dogs to be looked after ;)

Sounds like you have a brilliant family & you will all really enjoy a cockapoo pup :D Do you have some recent pictures or do we have to wait until collection time? Haha :) x

·
Registered
1,123 Posts
Hi Helen, Hope looks gorgeous! Have you got plans for training her to raise the alarm if your son gets ill? I remember someone on here doing the same thing a while back and, out of interest I googled it and found lots of interesting information. I think some dogs are trained to bark when recognise the smell, by swabbing the child's sweat with a cotton bud during an attack and using the bud in training! Very clever and not too difficult, you'd think (well, I'm not sure how easy the swabbing part would be!)

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Oh yes cockapoos are very addictive! We have two now :) & me & my sister know that when we have dogs in the future (after leaving mum & dads house!) that we want cockapoos :D & even my sisters boyfriend who has a GSD at his house said that he wants a cockapoo when he's older! :) So they are very addictive yes :)

& yes it's good that you've made it clear as yours, because 4 children would mean 4 cockapoos! As much as i'd love that, it ay not be so easy with 4 kids & 4 dogs to be looked after ;)

Sounds like you have a brilliant family & you will all really enjoy a cockapoo pup :D Do you have some recent pictures or do we have to wait until collection time? Haha :) x
Mmmm as good as the kids are, not sure if I could cope with the equivelent of 8 kids + the hubby :p

No more photies until she comes home next week i'm afraid, then I will be snap happy!! :)

·
Registered
2,590 Posts
Mmmm as good as the kids are, not sure if I could cope with the equivelent of 8 kids + the hubby :p

No more photies until she comes home next week i'm afraid, then I will be snap happy!! :)
Yes it would be very difficult! I hope I don't get too obsessed in the future when I have my own house haha, I will try my best to stick to two at a time :)

& okay will keep a look out for a thread with pictures next week! :)

1 - 20 of 54 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.