I Love My Cockapoo Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone I’m new to this forum and just wanted to introduce my 12 week old pup Luna. Luna is officially allowed to go for walks now I just wanted to know what everyone recommends for walks a harness or a collar?
Water dog Dog Carnivore Companion dog Dog breed

Pet supply Carnivore Dog breed Dog Working animal

Dog Working animal Liver Carnivore Companion dog

·
Registered
4,499 Posts
Yup harness for me too - I also take lots of time to get pup happy wearing the harness so things like using a treat to get pup to put head through the hole rather than just putting it on them.

·
Registered
144 Posts
I recommend a step in harness for young puppies at first as it can be daunting for them to put their head through. When they are a bit older, it becomes easier to have them used to it

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I have been trying her with a harness but she absolutely hates it she rolls around on the floor trying to get it off. She is allowed out now but I’m currently ill with covid so we’re isolating I’m trying her in the house with it each day hoping she learns love it.

·
Registered
4,499 Posts
Put harness on using some tasty treats and then take pup into the garden to play to take her mind off it

·
Registered
Harvey
9 Posts
Iv got my 8 month old Cockapoo Harvey in a harness as at 16.5kgs he’s a big lump of a lad and when he pulls Jeso he can take me with him lol 😂 he’s always had a harness since I got him, but of advice just make sure it’s tight enough Harvey managed to chew his way through 3 of them because of that, I thought I had it tight enough but apparently not
Dog Carnivore Dog breed Companion dog Dog collar

1 - 7 of 7 Posts