I Love My Cockapoo Forums banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone, just came across this forum and wanted to share my new addition Mylo :) He's currently 4 months old

His mum is an American Cocker Spaniel and his dad is a Toy Poodle.

I love his look! Not the stereotypical cockapoo look but none are the same! He's really small and can't see him getting much bigger.

Did anyone else's cockapoo puppy look similar at this age? I came across the 'smoothies' and they look similar to him. Would love to see how he may turn out as he gets older.

·
Registered
4,344 Posts
Awwwww he is lovely. He does look like he may end up mostly smooth coated but they can continue to change so much as they mature.

Molly is an American cross too and much smaller than the majority that we meet at 6kg.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Awwwww he is lovely. He does look like he may end up mostly smooth coated but they can continue to change so much as they mature.

Molly is an American cross too and much smaller than the majority that we meet at 6kg.
Aww thank you, yes he's shedding his fur a lot recently, he's getting more coarse darker hair up his back that seems to be more straight too.

Yeah some people are surprised when I tell them he's a cockapoo, he's 4.9kg at 4 months. So exciting watching him change :)

Molly is gorgeous!

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Plant Dog Vertebrate Window Toy

Just an update on Mylo’s coat, he’s been shedding a lot over the past week and seems to have lost all his fluffiness, he’s gone very straight with fluffy bits still around his armpit areas and at the back of his legs.

Is this normal as part of the shedding process and will his coat change again as he gets older? He’s only 4 months

·
Registered
4,344 Posts
Awwwww he is lovely and will be fascinating to see how his coat changes as he grows. I have seen some with a coat which is not smooth but not over long and fluffy either and looks like he may end up that way?

I got Molly at 17 months so no real idea about her puppy days.

·
Registered
15 Posts
He is very similar to my Macy who looks mostly Cocker. She's 10 now but gets the poodle curl on her legs and head when her fur is grown out. We shave her down pretty good for summer but it comes back curly! We let her fur get a little long in the first pic, normally groom before that. And a pic of her when she was a puppy before she ever got groomed. Your pup is adorable!

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
He is very similar to my Macy who looks mostly Cocker. She's 10 now but gets the poodle curl on her legs and head when her fur is grown out. We shave her down pretty good for summer but it comes back curly! We let her fur get a little long in the first pic, normally groom before that. And a pic of her when she was a puppy before she ever got groomed. Your pup is adorable! View attachment 131342 View attachment 131341
omg! Thanks for sharing, Mylo looks exactly like Macy in the puppy pic, that’s crazy! How old was she there?

Macy is gorgeous! I love her fur long, she looks like a little lion 😂🥰

look how much he resembles her 🥺

Dog Dog breed Carnivore Hood Motor vehicle

·
Registered
15 Posts
I agree and he's so adorable! She's been the best dog but is a little overweight at about 30lbs. She was about 3 months in that picture. Here's a pic of her with not as crazy hair as her "lion" picture, lol

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I'd like to introduce Peanut whose a F2 cockerpoo whose just turned 9 months and increasingly taken on the persona of a cocker spaniel which I find not only adorable but extremely endearing!

At least I now know that he's not the only unique cockerpoo:)
Wow, Peanut is gorgeous! Mylo looks exactly like that when he's stood looking out of the window too!

·
Registered
4,344 Posts
oooooooo those legs are getting fluffy so maybe more fluffy hair to come - I know there used to be some fabulous smooth coated pups with much more hairy legs <3

1 - 20 of 21 Posts