I Love My Cockapoo Forums banner

21 - 28 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
2,185 Posts
Hi Paula if you go on your own profile page on the left hand side theres a list of different functions one of them is private messages, then if you want to send one, once you've selected this a window pops up and then you have to enter the profile name of the person that you want to send the message to. Ifyou want to send a visitor message i.e anyone who goes on the page can read it then go oto their profile page and leave a message. If you have any messages it will inform you at the top ofthe page where you log in bla bla ... hope this makes sense x
Ohhhhhh get you giving people ICT lessons online ;););) Now will you stop logging into Wilfiboy's account and let her get back online.

·
Registered
188 Posts
Hi Paula if you go on your own profile page on the left hand side theres a list of different functions one of them is private messages, then if you want to send one, once you've selected this a window pops up and then you have to enter the profile name of the person that you want to send the message to. Ifyou want to send a visitor message i.e anyone who goes on the page can read it then go oto their profile page and leave a message. If you have any messages it will inform you at the top ofthe page where you log in bla bla ... hope this makes sense x
"Karen!!!" the kids have been posting IT advice on your behalf............................:D:D:D:D:D x

·
Registered
62 Posts
haha! what a cute pic. they always have such emploring faces! ha ha. it's hard not to give them whatever they want. haha.

they definitely seem to be chewers. i asked my mom to bring over a rope toy, when she came to meet cassie, and she made the mistake of bringing what she thought was a nice sturdy chew toy... really cute.... it was torn up in just half hour. ha ha. so she ran out and got a really cool rope toy that's woven through a silicone type ring... and it's lasted for days. haha.

·
Registered
8,610 Posts
Ive been sussed again ... but when Ive gone on to pm someone I dont think my posts correct .... so cant even claim the fact that Im ok making my way round this site lol x

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #25 ·
haha! what a cute pic. they always have such emploring faces! ha ha. it's hard not to give them whatever they want. haha.
yeah lol

now if only I could control him when he meets other people/pets it would be awesome! right now he gets tooo exited when he sees other people, his tail is all over the place and jumps like crazy. Wonder if its normal with puppies his age, but I rather have this reaction than an aggressive not social one...:)

·
Registered
818 Posts
Welcome dry1ce23. =)

This is a good vid on teaching calm greetings as far as jumping goes: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lC_OKgQFgzw

How long does he take to calm down when he meets a dog? If he'll calm down fast, the best way I've found to get a calm greeting is to keep the pup on leash, and beside you in a sit. Reward him holding the sit and not breaking it. Once he's calmer, let him move forward, but if he gets too worked up again make him back up and repeat the sit.

If he never seems to calm down, don't let him greet the dog. Just keep him beside you and simply pass up the dog, no matter what he does don't make a big deal about it. Once you've kept him from greeting a few dogs, his excitement should die down a little and you can try the above again.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #27 ·
Welcome dry1ce23. =)

This is a good vid on teaching calm greetings as far as jumping goes: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lC_OKgQFgzw
Great! I will try this when I get home

he takes a while to calm down, even when he finally relaxes, he will sometimes start to get exited again for no apparent reason and wants to play. It is funny because last week he met two havanese puppies that are about 1 month younger than him and they were afraid of Melo because he was all over the place lol. He just wanted to play but they are smaller than him

·
Registered
1,123 Posts
Great! I will try this when I get home

he takes a while to calm down, even when he finally relaxes, he will sometimes start to get exited again for no apparent reason and wants to play. It is funny because last week he met two havanese puppies that are about 1 month younger than him and they were afraid of Melo because he was all over the place lol. He just wanted to play but they are smaller than him
That sounds just like Rosie - she's like the really big kid in the playground who just wants to play but doesn't realise the others are a bit afraid of her!

Off to watch that video clip now - Rosie came back from her holiday all jumpy and uncontrollable :(

21 - 28 of 28 Posts