I Love My Cockapoo Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
3,615 Posts
That is fab, I have thought about getting something like that for when we go to the Lake District next year! It all depends on how big my little one grows though!

·
Registered
3,292 Posts
That is fab, I have thought about getting something like that for when we go to the Lake District next year! It all depends on how big my little one grows though!
Having just returned from the Lake District, I wouldn't recommend cycling on the roads, especially with a trailer on the back!

·
Registered
3,569 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I found the web site I bought it from, Canine Concept

http://canineconcepts.co.uk/r-dog-crate-reviews-2439-yes-1304506579-2

It is a special dog carrier which has a little lead clip inside that clips onto their collar. The reason I bought this one, was that it takes dogs up to 10kg. Millie is 7.3kg now and fits in it comfortably, so I can see her reaching 10kg and still being ok in it.

It takes a little practice to use one. A good sense of balance is probably vital, as the dogs do move around a bit and that can upset your balance. A bit like trying to ride a bike with a bag of shopping on one handle. To start with I did click and reward for sitting or lying still. I hadn't used the bike for about 6 weeks and was worried that she would have forgotten what to do, but this time she was the most settled ever and just enjoyed the ride. :D

·
Registered
573 Posts
:iagree:Millie is so cute!
She looks very happy in there - did she try to escape when she saw something interesting?

·
Registered
3,569 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
:iagree:Millie is so cute!
She looks very happy in there - did she try to escape when she saw something interesting?
Not this time, she was just enjoying the ride. However, when she a little younger, say 4 1/2 months old, she got a little fidgety in it. She started standing up high and I had to do a bit of sit, stay commands and lots of treats. She never actually tried to get out. It was more being nervey.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts