I Love My Cockapoo Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Purchased chocolate boy (borne 11 September) we visit puppy every week
Only had two in the litter lady given backword on little girl so I have decided to buy her also as I can not bear to seperate them after 8 weeks they are like twins and already have a bond :)

Mum is a cocker spaniel Dad is a Toy Poodle

Have I done right or have I bought a load of 'trouble' :confused:

·
Registered
3,569 Posts
Very difficult because you have bonded and feel responsible for the little girl.

From other peoples experiences on here, and I'm sure Kendal will pop along soon. The answer is don't buy two puppies at the same time. The will bond with each other more than they bond with you. You will have to train them separately. I can't remember any more than that. Someone will help you soon. :)

·
Registered
1,701 Posts
Have you had puppies before? I think that if this was your first then you may have taken on a heck of a lot of responsibility...
We really wanted to get one of Vincents brothers too as he was the last one left to be bought of the litter but we just knew it would cost too much to have 2 pups (vets bills alone would have been too much).

·
Banned
1,872 Posts
Doesn't sound like you have made a wrong decision. The pups are very young at the moment and they need each other. Trust me they will be very different at 8 weeks old and will be ready to play with a new family and explore the world. Don't be tempted to buy the girl as well, they won't need each other in a months time and will have great lives separately.

Julia x

·
Administrator
5,020 Posts
realy not a good idea getting siblings. they eather become so bonded they dont listen to the owner and will suffer realy bad seperation anxiety from eachother. or they will fight to the point of them hurting eachother and the owner when they try to seperate them.

if you must get the 2 of them get them to spend lots of time apart. make aure yoj spend individual bonding time with them, walking, training etc. also get one if not both nutered at 6 momths old.

do not get the two of them just because you feel sorry for the girl.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Future Puppy Owner

Thanks Kendal I much appreciate any comments as I was not quite sure how I would work this one out but you have given sound advice so I will heed that and not take the girl:(

·
Registered
1,490 Posts
I think you have made the right decision. Do not feel sad about the girl, I am sure she will be snapped up very quickly and go to a loving home xx

When can we some pics of Milo? (great name by the way!)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts