I Love My Cockapoo Forums banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

· Registered
826 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

I wanted to find out how much difference in size there is in a cockapoo that has been crossed with a miniture poodle and one that has been crossed with a toy poodle. Would really appriciate knowing some sizes for the above from owners that have full grown cockapoos. Thanks.

Regards,

Woo

· Registered
3,015 Posts
Betty is a show / toy mix - she is about 11 inches tall and 7.5kgs. Personally I love her size....very pick upable!!!
If you have a look in the pictures section there is a picture of Betty playing with Sarah's daisy who is show / minature cross ( I think).. the thread is called is it a bird...etc... It gives you quite a good indication of size difference but of course they all vary to some degree.

· Registered
826 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Betty is a show / toy mix - she is about 11 inches tall and 7.5kgs. Personally I love her size....very pick upable!!!
If you have a look in the pictures section there is a picture of Betty playing with Sarah's daisy who is show / minature cross ( I think).. the thread is called is it a bird...etc... It gives you quite a good indication of size difference but of course they all vary to some degree.
Thanks Colin,

I had a look at the thread, there seems to be quite abit of a difference in size. Are betty and Daisy both fully grown?

Woo

· Registered
740 Posts
Glad i looked at this , i dont know how i missed that thread of betty at sarah's:confused:

I was looking forward to see how she was getting on, has there been any improvement on her itching/scratching yet or is it still to early to tell, looking forward to your updates

Sorry to butt in on this thread:eek:

She looks really settled, love the pic of them in the crate, i bet your really happy she's settled in :D

Leanne x

· Registered
3,015 Posts
No improvement yet but still very early days....we have been advised it could take at least a few weeks to notice any change. It's very hard being without Betty but I can take comfort from the fact she is being well looked after and having great fun at Sarah's.

· Administrator
5,034 Posts
all my girls are mini cross. my girls are all related through their dads, Gypsy and inca have the same poodle dad they are both English cross buthave differen mums Gypys is an English working and Inca is an English show Gypsy is about 16" tall and Inca is just over 17" their half brother from a pedigree poodle litter is the dad to my other two girls Echo who is an English cross closer to 18" tall and Delta who is an American cross and 16".

so in both sets of girls who shared the same dad but differnt mums their is a hight difference between them, one of my English is the same hight as my American.

· Registered
964 Posts
That's interesting, Billy's not much smaller than JoJo's 2 and hers are minitures.
We went to a meet on Sunday and there was huge variations in sizes, I think Billy was one of the bigger toy cockapoo's but most of the minis were bigger than him. I don't think he will grow any more now though as he is 9 months.
We visited the litter 3 times before he came home and he was the biggest each time.
H x

· Registered
826 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Tilly is a Cocker/minatuer cross she is 14.5in to the sholder and according to the vet over weight at 11.5kg (this since she was spayed but now on a diet)
Hmm, so a miniture can be the same size as a toy (Billy in an earlier answer is 14in and is a toy but the owner does say he was the biggest in the litter)

I guess you just have to wait and see what your ball of fluff grows into, be it a miniture or a toy, all gorgeous anyway :)

· Registered
2,870 Posts
Hi Woo. I think there is a fine line between minis and toys depending on parent sizes. Some toys take after their cocker parent in size and some minis take after the poodle, so they can end up being around the same height. As toy poodles go up to approx 10" and miniatures start at approx 11", there can be a very fine line between the two sizes. I think it will depend very much on the parents of a particular litter.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.