I Love My Cockapoo Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey Everyone,

Hope I am not going overboard with the new puppy pics (is that even possible when they are just so cute?!)...

Here are some pics of Poppy's day today...

Playing with her new friend...

Then snoozing with her new friend...

First introduction to a 'nylabone'...

and finally, trying to look innocent while trying to eat the camera!

After keeping Poppy awake for over 2 hours last night despite probably 100 attempts from her to go to sleep! she slept silently for the first time (her third night with us) from 11pm-6am this morning. However, when I went down to take her out she was shaking with excitment and had a wee in her crate. I took her straight out still and she did her business and has been lovely and bubbly all day (still lots of napping!). However, when I checked her other blanket in her crate, it was also really damp from wee. I wonder if I am better waking her in the night even if she is asleep???

Annie and Poppy :D

·
Registered
9,920 Posts
NO YOU CAN NEVER POST TOO MANY PICS OF HER!!!! she is just beautiful! she will stop weeing in her crate on her own, I would suggest not waking her....just clean it up if she messes inside...she will wake you if she needs you. she would easily get in the habbit of seeing you in the night if you were to wake her. if she wakes you, don't play just take her out...and put her right back so that she knows it isn't time for play...they don't want to mess in their crates...what size is her crate? sometimes if it is too big they will mess in there. but she will start to be able to hold it all night

·
Registered
8,610 Posts
Although many dont/wont toilet in their crates both of mine weed when they were really little like Amanda says she'll grow out of it... dont worry... and the pics are lovely x

·
Registered
1,363 Posts
she's so cute, I have just bought one of those toys for our new puppy which we don't get till the end of July. Seeing your pic with her next to it reminds me of how tiny he's going to be. Can't wait

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
OK thank you. I didn't know if I was being cruel leaving her to wee there but she didnt even wimper or make a sound so thought it was best. I'll keep going as we are then! I think it will be another evening of trying to keep her awake so she is super sleepy for bed time. We also left a small light on last night which we hadn't done on the first two nights so I think maybe that helped her.

:)

·
Administrator
5,020 Posts
aww look at her, she is only just begger than that toy. you have to show us a photosw of her and that toy when she is fully grown. lol

·
Registered
2,185 Posts
However, when I checked her other blanket in her crate, it was also really damp from wee. I wonder if I am better waking her in the night even if she is asleep???
The photos are lovely, she's sooo sweet.

Is there room in her crate for a blanket one end and a puppy pad or newspaper at the other end so she doesn't have to wee on her blanket if you don't take her out. They learn in their litter from mum not to mess their bed so it's good to give them chance to get off their bed to wee.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts