I Love My Cockapoo Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
539 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was out shopping in Sainsburys yesterday, and was having a look at the DVD's they had on sale at 3-4 pounds each. Well i saw some of the classic animal movies Benji, Benj: i the hunted etc. These films star a little dog called Benji, though some starred one of his offspring. The dog looked very much like a cockapooWell i googled Benji I found out he was thought to be a cross between a cocker spaniel, a poodle and a Schnauzer. Though I can't see the Schnauzer, but definatly can see the cocker/poodle cross. So it looks like a Cockapoo may have been a movie star!!!!

For those of you who may be a little older and live across the pond in the US you may remember him from a TV series called Petticoat Junction

here's a pic

http://www.examiner.com/images/blog/EXID29030/images/Benji.jpg

Simon and Poppy

·
Registered
539 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah he was a rescue mix breed, The rescue centre believed he had cocker, poodle and Schnauzer, but he does have that cockapoo look. I think some of his off spring especially on the more recent films, look even more 'poo like.

Simon and Poppy

·
Registered
267 Posts
Yeah he was a rescue mix breed, The rescue centre believed he had cocker, poodle and Schnauzer, but he does have that cockapoo look. I think some of his off spring especially on the more recent films, look even more 'poo like.

Simon and Poppy
I see a Schnauzer/poodle cross regulary on walks and he looks very much like a cockapoo just bigger. :D

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.