I Love My Cockapoo Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Mr Kirby is doing great except for one thing that has me very worried, hes eating dirt grass and loves coal he'll eat anything I'm getting worried because he keeps digging at patches in the garden where I know the wild cats poo of course at some stage he's going to vomit I'm wondering would he be lacking vitamins ?

Hope I'v don this right

·
Registered
154 Posts
Hi
He's gorgeous. I don't know about deficiency but I think all dogs like to eat dirt, grass and anything disgusting they can find. My son's pug eats stones! Our new puppy Bo has been scrabbling at the dirt and the flower pots. Our neighbour's mock crab apples fall in our garden and Bo keeps managing to find the odd one in the snow.

Andrea x

·
Registered
133 Posts
Archie also eats anything he can get his teeth on to. He has totally trashed the edges of my garden and my house plant and all of my pot plants in the garden.He just loves to dig and is constantly filthy.

I am sorry but I don't know anything about deficiency either.

·
Registered
73 Posts
I have to say Bodger eats some very disgusting things. I do try to tempt him away with treats when we are on a walk but he often manages to gulp stuff down. I understand they have strong stomach acid to help with their natural scaveging habits.

I do worry about obvious things but fortunately (if you can call it that) Bodger likes stuff that is disgusting but according to what I have read doesn't do much damage. I haven't given a list of his preferences as people might be eating!

·
Registered
4,568 Posts
For some reason cockapoos seem to love scavenging. Mine eats tissues, wood, cardboard, rotten mowed grass..............he will happily scoff anything he can find while out walking. So providing your puppy is on a good quality food I wouldn't think there would be any deficiency there............just cockapoo naughtiness;)

·
Registered
1,269 Posts
One of my terriers could smell cat poo at 50yrds at least! Sometimes they are just disgusting Hattie has developed a liking for horse and sheep poo. I just think of it as recycled grass. My tip for what it is worth is to ignore the behaviour and hope they grow out of it. Keep up your worming program and you should be ok.

·
Administrator
5,020 Posts
if he is digging in the garden dont let him out on his own, keep a long line on him and corract him when he starts to dig.

eating grass isnt always a bad thing their is some grass thats good for them.

dont know about the cole.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.