I Love My Cockapoo Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All,

My friend had been expecting a litter of American cockapoo's. She has been breeding cockapoo's for about 5 years, dogs in general for about 20 so knows what she is doing.

With about a week to the expected due date and no signs of anything happening at all she set off for work in the morning. When she arrived home at lunchtime she was greeted by Mum and four healthy puppies! Mum had waited until everyone had gone out before she decided to give birth on the cream leather suite! :eek: With the whelping box set already set up I suppose she just prefered the look of the sofa!:D

She was a first time Mum as well... I do have pics and will put up later, 2 x black boys, 1 black bitch and 1 chocolate bitch. Very very cute!

·
Registered
1,707 Posts
Congratulations to your friend and commiserations on the sofa :( What a clever first time Mum and can't wait to see the photos :)

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I think it was a nasty job cleaning the sofa! I would love one but I think I will wait until Ruby is a bit older. She is 10 months at the moment so I think I will wait until she is about a year and a half. Ruby is my first dog and exceeded all my expectations of dog ownership, it sounds sad but she is my best friend. I sometimes worry that nothing could compare to her!

J x

·
Registered
206 Posts
Hi All,

My friend had been expecting a litter of American cockapoo's. She has been breeding cockapoo's for about 5 years, dogs in general for about 20 so knows what she is doing.

With about a week to the expected due date and no signs of anything happening at all she set off for work in the morning. When she arrived home at lunchtime she was greeted by Mum and four healthy puppies! Mum had waited until everyone had gone out before she decided to give birth on the cream leather suite! :eek: With the whelping box set already set up I suppose she just prefered the look of the sofa!:D

She was a first time Mum as well... I do have pics and will put up later, 2 x black boys, 1 black bitch and 1 chocolate bitch. Very very cute!
i really hope i dont offend anyone, but i think its important to point out that an in whelp bitch should never be left alone during the last two weeks of pregnancy for this very reason (that they can go into whelp early), if their had been any complications she could have lost not only the pups but the poor bitch aswell:(

might aswell add once puppies are born they also need 24hr monitoring for at least the 1st 4 weeks lol

1 - 7 of 7 Posts