I Love My Cockapoo Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
219 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Stanley is turning into a lovely little dog. He has picked up basic training really fast and is a fabulous little chap to have around. No problems there at all. He really seems to be 'my' dog though. He follows me round like a shadow, I have a little choccy nose pressed on the back of my calf every few minutes to let me know he's there. It's wonderful for me but OH Paul sometimes feels a bit left out. He is the one that feeds him, he plays and fusses him often enough but doesn't get the same devotion.
Is this a typical trait of the breed or are boy dogs more responsive to the 'pack bitch' as it were.
P.S. Secretly I love it but don't tell on me!!!

·
Registered
4,569 Posts
My boy is the same, I feed and walk to school and back but its hubby that takes him for the really good walks and that fusses him all the time. Its me he follows around????? Don'y know why :)

·
Registered
151 Posts
We have been debating boy versus girl in our house, as it's our puppy selection day at JDs next week. When we visited them, I asked from their experience what is the difference - Stephen said that boys have a tendency to bond with a specific person, usually the girl in the house (presumably as you need more protection and are not a male to compete with!). Isnt always the case but still I thought an interesting insight!

·
Registered
369 Posts
I have the same problem, as lovely as it is to be loved, when you are carrying a pile of washing upstairs and the dog is at your feet, it can be a little annoying (and dangerous)!

He follows me everywhere, but doesn't the rest of the family?!

·
Registered
183 Posts
Thank you, thank you, thank you for this thread. Useful to know.

We too haven't decided between male v female. We currently have a strange little dynamic in our household, where our female cat (Nala) rules over ALL males (hubbbie plus 2 male cats) in the house, but has little time for me. She has successfully taught my husband that the cat flap is beneath her, so he gladly runs to which ever door she'd like to use as soon as she meows! I had been thinking that maybe a male would probably fit into this dynamic better, but then I also thought that a dog would probably change everything anyway. So who knows!

Lozza: We went to JD's for a look round on tuesday and saw Bellas litter. I'm VERY jealous, Bella has reared a beautiful litter!

·
Registered
1,490 Posts
Max follows me everywhere, tripping me up and occasionally getting trodden on! It was me who did everything for him for the first 2 weeks though.. Hubby is helping out more now, as is my daughter (8), but I am still the flavour of the month :)

Reactions: Missgvus

·
Registered
573 Posts
Treacle is a Bitch but oh my goodness she is all me! [I am all her though - it is true love!]
If the kids encourage her upstairs she will wait at the bottom looking up at them until I say - "up you go then!"
Follows me every where - including the toilet - she sighs when I am whizzing round the house flitting from room to room putting laundry away etc - as she keeps settling and then up she gets to follow me to the next room!
She obeys me completely - I often get called to make her do something when the rest of the family cannot get a response!
I love her - she loves me - Simples!
x

·
Banned
1,872 Posts
Hahahaha welcome to my world :) I've now got FIVE boys shadowing me...we'll have to see if Woodetta carries on her tendency to hug Stephen first. We test this theory all the time for a giggle....I walk away followed by five...Stephen walks away with maybe one if he's lucky..I LOVE IT !! On the other hand when we go in the paddock to play with the mummy's they're all adorable and want hug from us both BUT if Stephen 'The Pied Piper' walks back to the kennels I'm left standing in the middle of a barren field - Billy no mates.......well that is apart from 'the beautiful Bella' she's my girl.

Julia xx

1 - 11 of 11 Posts