I Love My Cockapoo Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
3,044 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We picked him up at 9 am this morning and we really are all quite besotted with him! He has done all his business outside, loves his crate and has eaten loads. His favourite toy is an empty crisp packet despite all the toys I bought for him! He has met all the family (3 grown up kids of my own plus their boyfriends and girlfriends, and all the neighbours!) Nothing seems to bother him and he shows no sign of fear or shyness. I suspect he will be a pickle as he is into everything inside and out. He loves feet and is already chewing everyone toes! I filled his mini kong with grated cheese and he went mad for it!
My daughter is being wonderful with him- quite strict (I think he will need it!) and he is responding well to her saying no when he is up to no good (chewing shoes and pulling on trouser legs!) and is retrieving his toys for her already. She has just graduated from uni so has plenty of time for him.
Not sure how tonight will go will tell you in the morning!

·
Registered
301 Posts
Good luck - hopefully you will have a stress-free first night. Post some more pictures when you can - his colouring is lovely!

·
Registered
235 Posts
Oh congratulations he looks so sweet in the little photo and sounds like he is going to be loved and fussed by everyone.......you sound as if you've had a busy day so if Dexter doesn't sleep you will want too!!!:D I had to laugh I bet he has loads of toys and he chose the empty crisp packet typical cockapoo!!
I filled his mini kong with grated cheese and he went mad for it!
I would be careful with the cheese it can make them very loose especially when they are little as its so rich. Harley had quite a squitty bum to begin with but I now don't soak his food quite so much and he seems to like it a little crunchy and as soon as he started going out on proper walks he has been fine.

·
Registered
3,044 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the advice Mary, I was quite careful, I suppose I put about 2 teaspoons in- I certainly dont want squitty tummy on my carpet!
We agonised last night about what to do with Dexter for his first night so we stayed up late to watch a movie till 1 am (he was very active during the film!) then put him in his crate in the kitchen with the door closed and a puppy pad. I was up at 5 am this morning and he had not messed his crate or made a sound! Let's hope it lasts.
I will work on the photos today!

·
Registered
11 Posts
Hi, Looking forward to seeing the photos of Dexter - can i as which breeder you got him from?
My partner and I have been living in Melbourne Australia for the last 7 years, but have decided to return home to Leeds in December, so I can finally get a cockerpoo! We have been playing with the idea of getting a dog for 2 years now but we decided we couldnt put it through the flight back to the UK, so now that we have made the final decision of coming back I can start planning!

·
Registered
3,044 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I got Dexter from a home breeder in Kent. She has 2 cocker spaniels - one had a blue roan litter and one a chocolate roan litter. They were mated with a white toy poodle. I found her on breeders online. She just happened to have a pup with the colouring I wanted and at the time I wanted (half term) so I reckoned that was fate!

·
Registered
8,610 Posts
Now then Tessy getting desperate to compare pic of Mable and Dexter ... Im rubbish with pics as users will know but I'll try and make th effort x

·
Registered
3,044 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Karen I'm afraid my skills are extremely limited but with a bit of help from one of my kids I may put some photos on today! (If I can persuade them to drag themselves away from Dexter!)

·
Registered
8,610 Posts
I know exactly what you mean I cant do it on my own either... its a bit sad really but Im rubbish at taking them as well they never look as lovely as other peoples pics ... Ive pm 'd you with my phone no. i want to see so much ... understand if Im invading your privacy.. but when your cockapoo mad lol ... cos i can just about do mobiles lol x

·
Registered
Obi, Roo & Poppy
4,159 Posts
tessybear;16339 She just happened to have a pup with the colouring I wanted and at the time I wanted (half term) so I reckoned that was fate![/QUOTE said:
I love Dexter's colouring. If I ever decide to get another one ;) I would go for a parti. I adore the buff and apricot colours but keeping them looking clean must be hard work and I have too much to do as it is! I like black because it hide's the dirt :D

·
Registered
8,610 Posts
Clare .. what do you mean if I ever get another lol... it just happens , once you've got a cockapoo you just cant help getting another x

·
Registered
8,257 Posts
Guess it’s just my hormones Karen ... or my age!!!!

Agreed two cockapoos is plenty .. but 3, well I just like wanting and begging hubby for something....

1 - 15 of 15 Posts