I Love My Cockapoo Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
my baby Rosie female cockapoo at a little over 6 months (dob9/25/21) First (and last) got groomed. Not happy with the cut at all. I brush her almost everyday for a good 20 minutes - she wasn’t matted. He said at her age they don’t cut much just a few areas and cleaning up(I gave her two baths because poop dried stick on her hair - no big deal ❤❤ Her hair was growing so long so fast- adorable except I was concerned about the hair blocking her vision, also a lot of hair in her little ears.
I wish I trimmed her myself! 😢
Before pic:
Dog Carnivore Water dog Liver Companion dog

Dog Water dog Dog breed Carnivore Companion dog

Dog Cabinetry Dog breed Liver Carnivore

After
Dog Liver Chair Dog breed Water dog

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Lovely pup - not sure what you don't like about the cut as looks fine to me.
First when I saw her I didn’t recognize her. I think he was a little aggressive and he said he would leave her full. Geeze - good thing. I’m getting use to it. I never wanted it that short especially between her eyes and snout. I thought the top of her head was too high in proportion with her face. Love her dearly - really liked the shaggy look but she does need to see ❤

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
She looks lovely before and after, but you’re right, if you e got a particular look in mind you could give it a go yourself next time. I do both of mine. It took a few goes to find out what worked, but I like how they look- bit scruffy, but practical 😀
Thank you she is awesome love her so much! Prefer the shaggy look better. It was a shock to see her like this. I know it will grow back - faster than our hair does lol. I’m glad you told me you do your dogs. I was afraid I’d mess it up 😳 haha I’m sure I could do better - at-least I’ll try 😊💕
How long do you think it will take to grow back in? She’s 6 1/2 months old never had a trim until this past Tuesday.
upon observing her he didn’t even cut her-body hair even and her belly looks like a rush job.
I was thinking of ordering a grooming kit on Amazon, any suggestions?
thanks
Karen

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
We got an Andis clipper and attachments. We tend to go short on the body and then a bit of length on his face and tail and mid length on legs. A short body feels like crushed velvet 🥰. We clip approx every 6 weeks. We find if we clip that open we don’t need to stress too much about brushing and combing. This is one of ours just done
Aaww nice job! 👍🏻Very cute!!
my Rosie has mixed hair types some areas tight curls, others wavy or straight. When I look at the hair growing in it has little kinks. Kind of like if you braid your hair when it’s when then when it dries undo the braids - that’s what it reminds me of. In fact when I brush her it gives the same affect well somewhat as to my wet hair being braided and what it would look like brushed. If that makes sense. Lol. She’s still so young. I’ve been told her hair will change in color and texture.
did your dogs hair change?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Aaww nice job! 👍🏻Very cute!!
my Rosie has mixed hair types some areas tight curls, others wavy or straight. When I look at the hair growing in it has little kinks. Kind of like if you braid your hair when it’s when then when it dries undo the braids - that’s what it reminds me of. In fact when I brush her it gives the same affect well somewhat as to my wet hair being braided and what it would look like brushed. If that makes sense. Lol. She’s still so young. I’ve been told her hair will change in color and texture.
did your dogs hair change?
Oops and thanks for the Reccomendation 😊

1 - 6 of 6 Posts