I Love My Cockapoo Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

Registered
Coco cockapoo 18 weeks
Warning, Long long post!

Has soft tissue sarcoma. It's agressive, went from a 2 cm lump in his back knee area to a 4-5 cm lump in a weeks time. My vet could not see him til Nov 24 so I took him straight to big hospital in mtl for fine needle biopsy (at a ridiculous expense).
Next step is oncologist and ultrasound Nov 2nd. I can't actually decide if I should hope it has spread so we can let him live out the next few months and then euthenize before he experiences illness or pain, or if I should pray that he can have surgery, which will be painful, stressful and horrible for him and stressful and expensive for us.

Rufus is still the same as ever, an incredibly joyful, exuberant and very high energy boy. He can still chase his ball for hours on end, still jumps like a kangaroo at the door, still eats car seat belts....
He will be twelve in January...I never imagined losing him before he was sixteen or so.
Vet does not want me to start any supplements that might help until after he has seen the oncologist. Her reasoning made sense, it's the same principal as certain meds not going well with grapefruit. But if anybody has words of wisdom I would appreciate it.
When I wrote cancer in the search engine here it brought back memories of Marilyn fighting uterine cancer, Nanci's husband and his pancreatic cancer...and my sister fighting breast cancer. Happily she is 100 per cent cancer free and doing great!
If any of you have a better relationship with God/s than I do, please send up a prayer or light a jost stick on his behalf.
Thank you!
God love the lovely Rufus don't know what to say hope he doesn't suffer n hope your ok Fairlie 馃挄馃挄

Registered
Coco cockapoo 18 weeks
Molly was really poorly a few weeks back with either IBD or pancreatitis and has not been quite right since. Blood tests were a bit unclear so we have been for an ultrasound today and her kidneys look very far from normal although vet was not quite sure from that and blood results where to go next. She is very quiet and clearly not feeling great and drinking loads which she never usually does. Her IBD and pancreatitis have eaten up most of this years insurance amount so we are rapidly running out of money but I will find whatever is needed. She is a few weeks off 13 and just want her happy again really but not sure we will get there.

By nature Chance likes herding things - but she is also very obedient and likes to follow rules so she learned very easily that if the chickens were out at the farm they were not to be chased!
Awe poor wee Molly uve had a time of it with her xx hope she's ok must be a worry when they get to their senior years !!

Registered
Coco cockapoo 18 weeks
The tumour is grade one! It means he can keep the leg, that there is only a small probability of recurrence! To say I am relieved is an understatement. His surgery is Nov 16th. He goes in the morning and has to stay over night. It sickens me thinking of him waiting in a cage. Poor boy will be beside himself with stress. But at least he is not losing his leg!
That's great thank god X he'll be zonked with meds n won't know what's goin on bet your so relieved but ull still be worried good luck Rufus 馃挋

1 - 4 of 4 Posts